South East Scotland Mid Week Evening Runs

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
As it seems a fair few of us are SE Scotland based, nobody too far from Auld Reekie then it might be nice to have the odd evening meet as a compliment to the West Coasters midweek meets.

Any interest for an hour or two of local trails whilst the daylight stretches long into the evening. The guy from each area could show us around his local trails. I'm the man to see as regards Midlothian. At least a couple of you can represent East Lothian and another West Lothian plus the near borders have members.

Go on, it'd be fun ;)

I'd be up for this. I generally work into the early evening but I can get away if need be. Don't really have any local trails to show off though, leith walk is a bit light on that sort of thing!

Might I suggest Wednesday or Thursday evening next week from say 7pm. Start with some of my local trails just to get the ball rolling. We all assemble at a start point as yet to be decided and try to finish up by 9pm at latest.

Theres a fair few choices around Midlothian for riding.

Your thoughts please ;)

I'd be up for this - I vote for Wednesday. How long is the cycle to the start point from the centre of town?

Provided we start from my flat in Loanhead its 5 miles from centre of Edinburgh approx. i didn't realise you were not a motorist :?

Oh I am! But it'll probably be quicker for me to take a bike to work and leave from there, rather than walk home, put one in the car and drive out.

Possibly bad idea this week due to gale force winds. Even if no wind by wednesday I'd still need to check trails for fallen trees etc, its mad as fish out there :shock:

Back