bike wanted

duncs

Dirt Disciple
do any of you lads have an old hardtail lying around rigid or not,im looking for a reasonable bike for work and general xc riding round the doors,
quite fancy an old steel kona or zaskar would prefer built up ready to rock as i have an old frame here i may end up building on but the spec i want isnt feasable financially at the mo.

18" preffered max budget 150-200

cheers guys :D

a muddy fox 96/97 cromo comp i believe :?
took a punt on it of e bay for 125 buy it now.
i had one from that era when i first got into mtbs although a cheap one
and always liked them but not long after that they went more catalouge crap than decent mtbs.

ill post pics whn the box arrives

fingers crossed :LOL:

well box arrived, im not ecstatic but not dissapointed with it i dont no what i was expecting though,
it looks sound but cables have been put on by stevie wonder :LOL:
its a courier comp feels solid no rust and full bike weighs 32lb ish.
not sure if ill keep the frame or just transfer over to my merida frame i bought from leslie bikes back in 93'

whats everyones thoughts?

worth £125?

Picture655.jpg

Picture656.jpg

Picture660.jpg

Picture663.jpg

Frames a nice shape, if the bombers are sound the are worth a fair part of it, is that a use post too? Can't see where all the weight is coming from, the frame looks light enough. Might have paid a bit strong, how does it ride?

it rides alright, forks are working well it was always going to be a hit or a miss its got a few spares with it aswell so its not a dead loss, ill more than likely strip it and build my merida frame with most of its bits which was the back up plan as i bought that new and no it fits as this seems cramped to me.im not sure where the weight is either il see what the frame weighs when its stripped.
its only for running to work and out with the kids seat on, couldnt leave my santa cruz lying at work too much time and money in that to leave padlocked to a post.so the frame may well be up for sale this wk :LOL:

Not surprised it's cramped, looks like a 16" frame.

Ebay is always a gamble.

Will the forks fit the Merida ?, that looks like an 1.1/4 headtube :?

Back