Velo's Trails Sunday !? 1030-1100 Start ????

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Just in case anyone in MacRetroland or further afield fancies some old school trail riding on any kind of mtb.

I plan to ride my local trails, some of which I've only just discovered, on Sunday. I can promise lots of single track with mud, trees, tree roots and twisty bits plus the odd stream to scramble over. None of it purpose built so shared with pedestrians, horses etc. Its a bit like Blair Adam without the hills and less Urban than Glenrothes.

I dont mind doing it my own, just thought I'd give you lot a shout in case it appealed ;)

Cheers, Velo :D

In case anyone does not know I live in Loanhead, Midlothian which will be the start and end point for the ride. I'll PM directions to all firm interested parties.

I may be up for a bit of that. It would be nice without the mud but not really an option at this time of year.

Put me down as a maybe Velo, my back's still not quite right, but hopefully by the weekend...

RobMac":3jo1oelo said:
'V' how far is your gaff from the centre of Edinburgh by MTB :roll:

I think its the same distance as by car.

RobMac its 5 miles from the centre of Edinburgh to my Gaff. By bike simplest most direct route is get on North Bridge (the bridge above Waverley Station) and head south untill you meet the junction at Cameron Toll shopping centre then follow the road to Penicuik until you pass beneath the A720 City Bypass. Then follow signs to left for Loanhead until you reach the town centre. At traffic light in centre turn right and cycle untill just past the church where you'll see my hoose. ;)

Thinking 10ish for a 1030 - 1100 kick off, Feel free to express what time you'd prefer to start, i'm happy to go with consensus !

Latest posts

Back