Rattlecan Paint Extravaganza - Judged @ Summer Solstice Meet

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Here's a daft idea for you all in the wake of the weight weenie build off.
Get an old frame your not prescious about and do a custom rattlecan paintjob.
Bring it with you to our Summer Solstice meet (not Drumlanrig as I said before the edit) for judging.
Need not be built up into a bike unless you want to.
Prizes for Best, Worst etc
Just a bit of fun.
I know we have a few budding Picaso's in here ;)

NEW RULE, THE ONE AND ONLY RULE THAT SURPASSES ALL OTHER RULES PREVIOUSLY STATED BY ME, THE COMPETITION ORGANISER AND THUS THE ALL POWERFUL
: ALL PAINT OR OTHER APPLICATIONS MUST BE AIR DRIED/CURED, NO OVENS

Mibee not drumlanrig. Its being kept as a Retro only and Sunday best regional bike of the year type thing!

velomaniac":2skugcfh said:
Whit aboot doing them for the Lommonds Solstice Ride, add a bit more fun to a lazy long summer day :D

Better idea :D and keep everything underwraps :eek:

Am up for this, will fill the weight-weenie void.

If it's just bare frames rather than complete bikes, don't necessarily see the problem doing it same time as the Drum, but alternatively, could set a date, submit photos of our work, and then poll?

By under wraps do you mean no posting up pics so far untill the big unveiling ?

This could be really cool.

Also I've got spare frames I'm no bothered about being used as a canvas if folk dont want to risk one of theirs.

velomaniac":o4daltzs said:
By under wraps do you mean no posting up pics so far untill the big unveiling ?

This could be really cool.

Also I've got spare frames I'm no bothered about being used as a canvas if folk dont want to risk one of theirs.

Aye, nae peeking, unless you wanted to I suppose. In fact it would be interesting to see a full bike unveils!

sounds cool not got a frame for this but if one pops up will give it a go. Mind we were going to do a build up from the ground and ride so could combine this?

Back