Bike plans for 2011 ?

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Apart from maybe doing a wee bit of riding.

May buy a road bike next year, also may build up the single speed Orange E3 (still dont know why i stripped it :? ), apart from that not planning on buying or building any MTB's, just going to alter the fleet i have as follows.

GT Zaskar, new 94 spec stickers in yellow (replacing the 91 spec ones), redo the forks yellow to match.

Kamo Klunker, would like to make this more useable, dont mind the drum brakes but would like some gears, maybe a Nexus hub ?, a more radical plan would be a new frame (Kona cruiser maybe ?) and run a canti/V brake on the rear and a rear mech, it's getting re done black regardless.

Orange Clockwork, going to strip and re-do this grey (primer coat laquered over), also just going to sticker it Orange, fed up correcting people when they call it a Clockwork Orange :roll:, this is my ride for Dunkers so re-spray will wait till February.

latestclock.jpg

Club Roost DH8, not needing anything except new brake pads and the Goodridge hose fitting to the front brake, hope to ride this quite a bit in 2011 :cool:

Anyone else got any plans ?

Kona cruiser rear spacing is for a BMX hub Jimi and you cannot fit gears in without a bit of bending. If you go the hub gear route on the Kammo Klunker let me know- I have a wheel with a 7 speed internal gearset and hub brake you can have for nowt.

Bikes in 2011? Not many for me. I'm going to finish my unicorn bike by spring and then look for a Cunningham. i have already tried to get CC to build me a new one but he is through with frame building due to liability issues. i'm going to keep at him though.

Apart from that, I'm going to continue thinning the fleet a little.

i'm just gona finnish off some bikes , i'm going down the shimano deerhead road just now :cool: i want to build older bikes , well pre 95 anyway :LOL:

Lots of building for me!

Dunkers Cannondale weenie will be first and everything is on track for getting this together in the next week or so. Hopefully the weenie bike will be ongoing, fettling away to get the weight down.

FAT Chance build number one will be next. I think I have everything for it, near enough anyway. going to be pretty much no frills and period.

FAT Chance SAB...... :? Have a full compliment of ringle and XTR M900 stuff but still not feeling the love. I should build it and decide but I don't know.

Ritchey Team Comp is enroute from the states, have quite alot of kit for this, wheels still to be sourced but apart from that I'm nearly there.

Serotta time trial bike is coming along, I intend to build it a race it this year and if it fits fine I'll sell my modern one.

HooKooEKoo will be getting a powder coat and mostly parts bin build. Should be drop barred and racked up.

Dekerf if I'm honest will probably still hang in the cupboard.

Lots of stuff hanging around, Karakorum, Kuwahara, Muddy Fox, Wheeler, KHS, Fixed wheel bike, Allez all may get punted. And the guillotine is hanging over the purple FAT and SAB and Salsa. In the background I'd love to get my hands on a Ti bike and looking to upgrade the moderns as well. Annnd I have a hankering for a steel Jones :roll:

A lotus monocoque.
Possibly something Pacey, but really I have made a newyears resolution to not take on any new projects this year. So in reality a clearance of some of my non essentials will follow.

weenie build will be the first of 2011
tho in realty it will be the last of 2010 just a few tweaks to do
trimble will be built in the first quarter ,going cnc and suntour i think
got a few other projects to tackle ,ongoing stuff like my MS racing and
se1000 dale ,might build another weeniee based on a 2000 zaskar
frame i have
might build another shed to house the collection too
want to ride my older bikes more this year

Well you know me, I might add some more weight to the xizang, ponder over the khs and stare blankly at the road bikes.

Got a fair bit to sort out in my head, and a serious clear out of unused bikes in the next month or 2 ( red miniBurner anyone?)

I do want a modern this year, maybe short full sus, seen a nice Santa Cruz superlight in the lbs that is fighting my mind against the transition trans am.

Complete every round of the Scottish XC series.
Finish the off the Long Haul Trucker (ridiculous name).
Build my Lava Dome off-on road tourer.
Bring the RC100 out of retirement.
Finish my M2.
Build my Yeti Arc.
Try out my Giant AC2 full susser.
Use my Zaskar.
I'd like a NEW steel HT this year.
And do lots of riding ......................... bikes :shock:

:D

Back