Dunkers big bad build thread

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I am going to try and put a bike together for Dunkeld, might not get there but like the idea of a build up from scratch for a specific meet. There is no real rules apart from keep it light (ish) and retro (ish).

Some may want to keep it top secrect some might want to share progress reports and this is the thread to do it. Might give you the motivation to get it started and finished in time, only 2 mths away Kaiser ;)

I started tonight with the t-cut and wax, have most of the bike already as it was for another project but I should build it anyway to make sure it fits.

updated bikes

ZZ

DSC_3417.NEF.jpg

Kaiser

5364402765_53372aa90e_z.jpg

5376488670_374532b234_b.jpg

Rumble

DSC00070.jpg

Mikee & Rob

P1020490.jpg

me

saracen-1.jpg

dunk2.jpg

and tazio and Rado

Attachments

• dunk_103.jpg
    dunk_103.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,495
  • xizang_571.jpg
    xizang_571.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,495
I've bought a early 90's Alloy Claud Butler mtb frame in shocking pink, still to receive it though but its a wee bit battered so may go the strip and polish route. Less paint equals slightly less weight right ? :LOL:

:LOL:

That's why I was t-cutting it, getting the weight down!

If anyone is on the scrounge post here, no point in buying owt if folk can get you that missing do da sorted. But suggest you don't wait till the day to fit the headset/bottom bracket/ brake cable ;)

Will add a few bits tonight when you getting the frame velo?

Nae idea, P&P was the cheapest option but as all in cost and post was £25 I cant complain. If I get it before Christmas that'll do as I'm going to SS it to keep things simple :D

thats the spirit velo

as i said thats the same generic frame as that asr 300 or whatever that
you sold me about 3.5 lb to start with ,less when you get the files out :LOL:

Might be the same frame but I couldn't attack the ASR with files, drills etc, that'd be murder :shock:

However with a CB I can get medeival on its ass :twisted:

Alloys easier to battle with too :D

Back