pictures that once put in belong to them
This is a common misconception, when you post images you give them a non-exclusive right to use those images in accordance with your privacy settings - they don't own them - they need this right so they can show your images at all and if you close your account they loose that right - it is standrd practice across most photo sites as they need to cover their asses from being sued.
The key point (4) below is not to make an image available to "everyone" as facebook are basically saying anyone can see it in or out of facebook and they have no control over anything that arises from that situation.
You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
4. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
_________________Early Hope Disc Info...
- Xizang Serial Numbers...
My Bikes: 1992 Xizang
- 2000 Gazelle Superbe
- 1983 Raleigh Mk II MiniBurner - 1995 Schwinn Klunker - 1996 Orange P7 - 1998 Marin Shoreline Trail - 1998 Specialized Rockhopper -miniKen's Konalized