Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:14 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Solstice appears to be the 21st of June.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:41 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

I vote Lommonds for Solstice ride, blooming good veiw from up there. However I suggest start point a tad closer than from Mikee's hoose, I felt it was a wee bit of a slog before we even reached the hills but then I'm unfit sometimes due to the M.E. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:54 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

velomaniac wrote:
I vote Lommonds for Solstice ride, blooming good veiw from up there. However I suggest start point a tad closer than from Mikee's hoose, I felt it was a wee bit of a slog before we even reached the hills but then I'm unfit sometimes due to the M.E. :roll:

+1, I'll bring the woad. Mikee is a superb guide, and there seems to be tons of riding up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:45 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Looks like your it mikee :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:47 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

So far chronologically then:

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing?

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

zigzag wrote:
+1, I'll bring the wood. Mikee is a superb guide, and there seems to be tons of riding up there.

I'm not going if Zigzag has wood :shock:

Solstice ride would be good in RealKW's estate - big stone rings and 20 minutes of darkness, shame it is so far and close to the GT meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Shetlands better and virtually no darkness at all 'the simmer din' in fact which is also the name of a very fine amber coloured pint of beer they serve up there 8)

Alas though way too far unless you took the overnight ferry from Aberdoom :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:03 pm 

kaiser wrote:

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing?

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

drum march? Happy to organize BTW

laggan april?

arran in may?

epic august?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Sounds good apart from the Drum run. Kinda thought it could be the easy ride of the pack, lots of chatting ,showing off the nice bike, sitting for a bite etc. More meet than ride. So a switch to better weather would be nice. Could move it to May and Arran to Sept?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 pm 

clockworkgazz wrote:
kaiser wrote:

laggan april?

drum may? Happy to organize BTW

epic august?

arran in sept?

yeah good idea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next