Circuit of Arran on Road - Posponed, the North is Calling

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Right, I want to circuit Arran by road before September is out. I can do a Saturday if I'm very organised and get myself on the island by Friday evening and off it by Sunday morning.

Is a Saturday run possible in September for anyone. Always more fun to ride as a group. I hope to do it clockwise as I've always done it anti clockwise before.

There are numerous points to stop off for needed refreshment and the sceneries good.

I would be up for this one but going to the peaks so need to see what date is picked by the masses first- got to work one sat a month so we will see.

The guys I did the Great Glen with are doing an Arran coastal circuit over 2 days on the 11th and 12th mix of road and off road, relaxed pace. Wave to them if you pass them - I can't make it this year due to funds and timing.

Great run. I've done it twice, once on a road bike and the other on a slicked up MTB. Some nasty hills and the wind can be brutal. I'd definitely be up for doing it again if someone set a date. :cool: i'ts about 60 miles IIRC.

Would it be possible as a day trip from Embra? I'm down between the 9th and 17th, and wasn't planning to take a bike (just using Tufftrax 2 which lives down there), but may lash the road bike to the back of the car after all.

therealkw15":3roc6u8l said:
Would it be possible as a day trip from Embra? I'm down between the 9th and 17th, and wasn't planning to take a bike (just using Tufftrax 2 which lives down there), but may lash the road bike to the back of the car after all.

7:00am from Ardrossan, returning 19:20 from Brodick - so possible.

http://www.calmac.co.uk/Timetables-Fare ... rodick.gif

Still on Summer sailings until 23rd Oct.

Not sure what dates I'll be there - poss 16/17th.

Back