Differing buying experiences!

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I've only been using this site for a couple of months but have managed to rack up almost as many posts as I've ridden miles since then. Great site, hugely useful friendly advice is almost instant.

I've also bought a few bits and bobs. Including a couple of things where my Paypal went a bit mad and payments were rather embarrassingly bounced and I had to send the money via bank transfer and the guys were hugely sympathetic and understanding. Today I bought a pair of forks and within an hour the guy had sent me the courier details, tracking number, photo of the package and informed to my amazement that he's paid a bit extra so I will have them by noon tomorrow. Brilliant.

However there is another side, over a month ago I bought a very nice deraileur from one of the boards more respected sellers. And still nothing in my letterbox. Very disappointing but I gave him the benefit of the doubt about postal problems. And he mentioned that he actually hadn't posted the goods as soon as he had hoped but I would have them soon as he had just posted them. Not a problem I thought, that was over 2 weeks ago and since then I have had several PMs from another board member in the same boat with the guy.

Not sure why I'm writing this as there's nothing I can do to get my cash back.

But it just shows how trusting people are and how most times it works out.

Check his profile and see if he has a feed back icon if he has
pm him with a polite threat of negative feed back.

yeah
i find a few are a bit slow at posting ,but i suppose if your selling
multiple objects it can be difficult

John":1syji6x0 said:
Understand your frustration. If you have a genuine concern please read the guidance here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697 and contact me with the relevant details.

Sometimes sadly things can be sent slower than people might like. Real life can be inconvenient like that.

I'm a trusting person John, and tend to buy from people with a lot of posts or feedback. Sadly on this occasion I went down the Paypal route.

Though to be honest I'd expect better from someone with Goldtrader status. I'll give it until next Friday and then decide on my next move.

Tazio":2ygmbodg said:
John":2ygmbodg said:
Understand your frustration. If you have a genuine concern please read the guidance here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697 and contact me with the relevant details.

Sometimes sadly things can be sent slower than people might like. Real life can be inconvenient like that.

I'm a trusting person John, and tend to buy from people with a lot of posts or feedback. Sadly on this occasion I went down the Paypal route.

Though to be honest I'd expect better from someone with Goldtrader status. I'll give it until next Friday and then decide on my next move.

If someone is a gold trader and mucking you about I'd consider that future of that status. However if I don't know who it is there is little I can do.

Back