MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

afp401

MacRetro Rider
Hi Guys,

New to (well returned to ) MacRetro Land (South Edinburgh).
(and new to everything else of interest here MTBs, restoring bikes, etc...).

Anyone up for some sociable bike restoration, or an evening ride in the Pentlands once I have completed my 1994 Kona AA project (or caved in and bought a working (interim) bike ;) )

Check out my general introduction if you are interested.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=776416#776416

Cheers
Stephan

welcome stephan

theres a few from the east coast on here velo and enid from embro too(and tazio and jimjim and sastabulbas and big eck and and )
get some pics up and let us see your kona

wee word of advice

dont under any circumstances look in the for sale section :LOL:

Welcome Stephan, I'm also Stephen aka(Velo) and live in Loanhead just to the south of Edinburgh.

Happy to go riding in the Pentlands as its on my doorstep, at this time of year evenings are good ;)

There are several Edinburgh and nearby MacRetro riders now so we must get together some time !

Cheers

Welcome Stephan. South Edinburgh, eh? Pentlands on your doorstep, and you're probably pretty close to another member (velomaniac) and some of the lovely trails that are near him too.

Up for a Pentlands evening run and we'll need to persuade velo to play tour guide on his local trails too. Don't discount Glentress either, plenty fun to be had old-school and rigid :D

Hi, ANnother Macretro Newbie

Hi there, i'm really quite new to this (3rd post in the last hour), but will give you some info:
I sell bikes on a full-time basis (at the moment).
I Sell online......my knowledge of bikes is fair, it used to be bad, the i completed the John o groats to lands end cycle ride, started on the 23rd of may and took 17 days to complete it...all this is did on a GIANT Stonebreaker which i was given for nowt...i believe it's a 1990/91 model, and still looks not far off of new..i'll now never sell it cos if what i did on it, but am finding i have an interest in the old Mtb's, so any feedback/conversation in the local area is more than welcome.
Allan (on holiday, a proper one this time, between 9th and 25th July)
:)

Welcome Allan, shame you just missed a cracker of a run on Friday night in Edinburgh, but I'm sure we'll drag you out soon.

Latest posts

Back