And today I did......

Re:

I don't get how having such bad peripheral circulation that your feet go numb is a genetic advantage to being a highlander :?

Surely good circulation so everything stays toasty would be an advantage. Next you'll be saying 40 fags a day a bottle of single malt before breakfast is a healthy diet :shock:

Re:

Last couple of weeks including today I have mainly been working on project "Woodlark". That's my single speed wooden off road bicycle for SSUK2021 if it happens in September. Mainly I have learned important lessons such as a plan both imagined and physically down on paper is a good idea. I am a Bodgineer not an Engineer and have difficulty thinking like the latter. I tend toward tinkering and adjusting as I go based on the stand back and stare approach as I cogitate adjustments. Result, the mark 1 Woodlark has been dismantled with a saw to contribute parts to the mark 2 :facepalm:

Anyway I have a better plan now but I suspect the Woodlark mark 7 at least will be the finished article :LOL:

Anyhoo if anyone wants to take up the silly challenge with me and Epicyclo then feel free and possibly sign up for the SSUK2021 EVENT ;)

Frame only has to be made predominately of wood. Obviously bottom brackets, headsets, dropouts etc will be metal most likely. Extra brownie points for more wood components such as forks, seatpin, handlebars etc. Epicyclo might try wood wheel rims but frame and fork for me only initially. Second condition if you take part in SSUK2021 is it survives one lap of the events course. More successful laps are of course desirable from a structural safety point of view :)

Re:

Wood I want to do this????

Wooden eye, wooden eye, wooden eye!

Can you use craft wood? As craft wood would where other woods wouldn’t or so I was told by Edward Woodward. ;)

Keep the singlespeed madness alive you crazy pair of nutters ;)

Jamie

velomaniac":1mrh2d6f said:
...Obviously bottom brackets, headsets, dropouts etc will be metal most likely...

Damn! So all that time I've spent whittling chunks of ironwood into little ballbearings has gone to waste?

My dropouts will be wood though.

One advantage of this style of bike is if the last night is a cold one we can use it to get a warm glow... :)

Re:

I think a faux wood paint would be a good idea, all the aesthetics of wood, with the practicality of metal and plastic/carbon.

Wooden E-bike might be fun :)

Back