Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

jimo746":3e9v37sj said:
Nice local morning ride in the snow today, just enough snow to smooth out the trails making them pretty quick to ride, without making it hard going.

Best bit was having a clean bike at the end of the ride! :D

Looks great fun :cool:

dyna-ti":3jp38uc1 said:
Well I can carry 4 crates of beer in a rucksack. Starts off heavy, but gets lighter the further you carry it ;) :LOL:

I've tried that technique, but observed a strange phenomenon.

As the rucksack lightens so does the steering until it eventually fails completely and you go crashing in to things.

I thought it might be a weight distribution problem caused by shifting the beer from rucksack to belly.

I took more beer to see if that made a difference, but would you believe it? It only got worse.

Yesterdays rain and slight thaw have cleared away the worst of Sundays ice, so I ventured out for a wee spin up round the estate. Lovely morning, crisp but beautiful sunshine. Ended up doing a bit extra and was out for 2 hours in the end. Low sun was casting some amazing shadows in the woods today.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Re:

Looks glorious Clubby :)
Nothing but rain for us, though yesterday was nice for a while and last night was clear with the aurora really bright early on.
I am at work as usual so no midweek rides for me other than commuting here and there.
Stay safe guys

Jamie

Re:

A tad late posting this up, twas Tuesday, but a prolonged senior moment involving both a new phone and new image hosting site since Photofeckyou has become precisely that.

Anyway went for ride up Benarty late on Tuesday as I finally got my erse in gear to go out on ride, been struggling with motivation recently, with, sadly and regrettably, plenty of great days wasted.........

Looking over to Bishop Hill and West Lomond with East Lomond keeking out from behind trig-point.
Don't the discs look shiny....

vWs2KYfh.jpg

Not long to sunset

MH8IL4Qh.jpg

Loch Leven with the Lomonds beyond

hJyQAIyh.jpg

Re:

Great photos OCP, fantastic views, when the current sh*tshow is over I'll have to get my erse down there for a ride.

What's the bike? It looks pretty "Rad" :)

Re:

I'll give the credit for photies to camera on new phone. The bike is a Sonder Transmitter from Alpkit. Sram GX 1x12, 650b+, 150mm Revelation fork and a dropper post. Got it back in March, just as lockdown started, as I was getting battered trying to keep up with Keith and Kenny on their Cotic Souls with me on the 20 y.o. Cannondale F800 with the Lefty. Felt weird at first because of modern geometry but now feels brill, I'm definitely faster on it than the F800.
Think most of us will be itching to get out riding elsewhere after this shite is over. I'm getting a bit paranoid now knowing that, hopefully, I've got to just get to round about the middle of March without catching it to get my vaccination, I'm an older chap :cool:

Re:

Nice pics matey.

Yeah fingers crossed we can get out for a ride soon.

I think another centralish northish scotland macretro meet up after this nonsense is a definite...and hopefully before 2022.

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":lpw0kpal said:
IThink most of us will be itching to get out riding elsewhere after this shite is over

Know what you mean. Sitting finishing my second cup of tea trying to get the motivation to go out and do my usual local loop for the nth week in a row.
Climbing legs have totally disappeared, not long enough climbs here to test even my paltry fitness levels. At least you’ve Benarty and Blairadam within easy distance.

Got my first dose of vaccine booked for Wednesday and top dose in April, assuming supplies don’t run out. Mrs already started hers as she works on cancer ward.

Back