Show us what you did today, thread

Everybody there has been riding "gravel" all their lives. It would probably be more accurate to call it a group of Rough Stuffers.

There were a number of comedy falls though, including a synchronised one with the participants a good 10 metres apart. Or maybe it was just old codgers lying down for a rest. :) (Except this old codger who stayed upright despite being rammed into a fence post)

Re:

Yes this old codger was feeling a bit too warm, dry and clean so decided to lay down in the cold wet clay all while still clipped in ;)
Had to wash my good wool jersey when I got in, and my trousers and my long sleeve. At least my newish boots kept my feet warm and dry!!
Jamie

Re:

Thanks mate but the countryside’s the inspiration.
I just keep my phone in my jersey pocket and click the camera button when it looks nice.
It’s the cool routes we ride that inspires me to take photos and the off beat places we end up.
Brian always makes sure we end up in a few of those :)
Once all the lockdown stuff ends and especially once you get your e bike then you should definitely come up and join us for a weekends riding.

Jamie

Re:

I was up at "sparrows fart" this morning, to drop my daughter off at work just before 6am, then headed to nearby Kirkhill Forest for some early morning singlespeed mtb action.
It was bloody freezing setting off in the pitch black!! But also strangely magical with the frost sparkling in my bike lights.
It was also pretty cool knowing that I was most likely the only person (daft enough to be) riding in the forest that early , I did a few loops of the forest tracks and by 8am there were a couple of cars in the car park.
I stopped each lap at a small tower at the highest point of the forest, and had a cup of hot coffee from the flask I brought with me :D , each time the sky was getting a little lighter.
As daylight arrived I tackled a few of the more off piste trails, for some proper bone shaking riding :LOL: no suspension and no dropper post made for some "interesting" moments, and one comedy slo-mo OTB incident, following which I decided I'd better had back home before my luck ran out completely.

Attachments

• 20201128_134009.jpg
    20201128_134009.jpg
    873.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 20201128_084043.jpg
    20201128_084043.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 478
  • 20201128_072044.jpg
    20201128_072044.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_20201128_105842_515.jpg
    IMG_20201128_105842_515.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 478
  • 20201128_063359_copy_3096x2322.jpg
    20201128_063359_copy_3096x2322.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 478
Well done Jimo! Getting in some good singlespeed winter action :)
Looks a bit frosty. Your lights look really good.
I did manage a small ride this afternoon on my LHT before spending time fettling and riding a different sort of ride before it gets put away for the winter. Hopefully be out on the Mercian tomorrow if I get it finished off.

Jamie

Re:

Nice - getting out before dawn is great but not something I do much at the moment! Is that the place along from Blackburn with the wee tower?

Jamiedyer":553bg1s7 said:
Well done Jimo! Getting in some good singlespeed winter action :)
Looks a bit frosty.

Yes, I'm quite liking the Singlespeed for winter, always nice being the first one to break the ice on the trail puddles :LOL: a bit childish, but satisfying :mrgreen:

Mr Panda":553bg1s7 said:
Is that the place along from Blackburn with the wee tower?

Yeah, Kirkhill Forest, just on the Outskirts of Aberdeen, I think the little tower is called Tappie Tower (cant remember why).

Getting ready for Global fat Bike Day ride tomorrow!
Looks like being a traditional one, wet and soaking with a touch of freezing ;)
Pugsley out tonight to load in the van as an early start tomorrow morning. Needed to adjust the rear brake as it was catching slightly and making that tiny ding sound. All adjusted now though had to be quick as I was in the kitchen. Had to repair my PDW rear guard, well repair the repair really :) The last repair lasted a good few years as I used black electrical tape and one of Gils Fatty Owl decals from the 2015 Puffer. A bit of duct tape underneath and I should now get another 5 years out of it. I have only had a few rides out on it since last winter and realised tonight how much I miss it, so really looking forward to tomorrows ride.
Jimo, I also bought one of the Burn Baby Burn light sets in the sale this week, more for a back up and also for the battery which is compatible with my other lights, but man what a light, far better than I thought it would be. Great value.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend and a good GFBD, if nothing else it is motivation to go and ride.

Jamie

1 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

2 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

4 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back