Show us what you did today, thread

Cracking photos as usual, are you planning any touring trips with the lad next year?

Hi Peachy
Yeah, for sure we have lots of ideas but no firm plans yet. We would be happy with just getting the ferry from home across to Orkney for a few days camping but not possible this year. Hopefully we will all be in a better position next year. We will take what's left of this year and get the Scot ready and set up. Definitely a worthy successor to the Big Dummy to further our adventures. With the Dummy staying and taking on other roles within the fleet ;)
Jimo... that looks absolutely mental. We had one single track road that was flooded near us this morning and the usual car off the side in the ditch. Your lucky as if you were ever going to get stuck in the middle of nowhere, it will always be in the works van being somewhere you shouldn't be :)
The river looks really crazy as well. I can lend you my kayak if you'd like some excitement, not my canoes though as I think they would be at the other end as kindling :) or pooh sticks ;)

Jamie

Ah, the darkness is with us now, and talk turns to banishing it.

Strange to think my AyUps are now feeble, yet they seemed like searchlights once upon a time.

Re: Re:

clubby":1mcey8hu said:
Christ sake Jimo, what you been buying now?

What? Who? Me? What? When? Nah.... ;)

Nothing special, just a little 1995 GT Outpost that was £10, Usual story of "bike is broken, I cant fix it" turns out all it needs is a puncture fixing and the gears indexing.

What should have been a quick pick up during my lunch break turned into a battle for survival against mother nature :LOL:

Re:

Sunny Sunday Singlespeed ride this morning, just along the River Don to the beachfront for coffee, but it gave me a chance to test out the Cove Hummer Ti I'd recently put together as my 'Puffer bike.
I'd almost forgotten how much fun a single cog can be :D

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_095251_copy_2080x1560-01.jpeg
    IMG_20201025_095251_copy_2080x1560-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20201025_095308_copy_2080x1560.jpg
    IMG_20201025_095308_copy_2080x1560.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
epicyclo":1bf1effw said:
Jimo, have you got ice tyres? I've got some 26" Schwalbe Ice spiker Pros you could borrow

Ice tyres? :xmas-big-grin:

Nope, I'm vainly hoping I won't need them :LOL:

But I'll take you up on your generous offer if that's OK?
Still hoping Coronathingy doesn't put a spoiler on the Puffer.

jimo746":3coupp32 said:
epicyclo":3coupp32 said:
Jimo, have you got ice tyres? I've got some 26" Schwalbe Ice spiker Pros you could borrow

Ice tyres? :xmas-big-grin:

Nope, I'm vainly hoping I won't need them :LOL:

But I'll take you up on your generous offer if that's OK?
Still hoping Coronathingy doesn't put a spoiler on the Puffer.

If Brian can't dig his out I still have a pair here you can use. :)
The Hummer looks just the business mate.
We will find out soon if the Puffer is to go ahead as I think they said they will make an announcement at the start of November.
I noticed also the other day that Audax UK has cancelled London - Edinburgh- London for 2021 though I suppose this is also to do with maybe not being able to do enough qualifying rides beforehand. Still a shame for many but if it helps keep people safe then giving up a few rides is a small price.
Stay safe

Jamie

A couple of photos from yesterday afternoons ride into town. Had Monday and Tuesday off work and needed to take some forks to the local paint shop to see if they could mix up some touch up paint so decided it would be easier to load them on the Big Dummy. Also needed some other shopping stuff so the perfect choice.
It hasn't be out for a couple of months, especially since we have been running the tandem, so needed to ride it to try and see how, and if, it's still relevant to the fleet. It is fun and it can haul a serious amount of gear. Not going anywhere soon that's for sure.
It was such a nice day and good to be out riding after the rubbish weather lately.
Unfortunately the paint shop was shut Tuesdays according to the sign :) but no problems as I got most other things sorted.
Jamie

IMG_4156 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4161 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4163 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4165 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4166 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back