And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":m0hpxlvb said:
velomaniac":m0hpxlvb said:
Just my wee joke with Widowmaker, I've met him at two successive Mountain Mayhems. We deliberately miss hear his moniker and call him Windowmaker :)
:LOL:

When you hear us call you "w*nker", that's not you mishearing us....

;) :LOL:

Re:

Decals and clear coat on my 1991 Explosif.

Very slow progress as I broke my shoulder a couples of weeks.

A bit of history...during the stripping process I discovered gorgeous brass braze ons...instantly solving the problem of the color scheme (I wasn't a fan of the purple/black...left it as a bare metal with patina rather than aggressively griding it back to polish) the alternate color scheme was going to a deep forest/British racing green.

Will do a full rebuild thread one day...the last time this bike was out was maybe 6 years ago at the retrobike SW ride.

It's pretty much 100% from new full deore DX, only variants from catalog spec being XT thumbies, Flite saddle and I run the Deore DX 1990's wheels fully tubeless with Charge Splashbacks.

Attachments

• IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 259
Took it back to metal, added a few layers of clear coat allowed those to fully go off, put the decals on and then have applied more clear coat, i'll add a few more coats and then when they have fully hardened off with sart the rebuild.

(this was not all done today! I just did the decals and clear coat finish today...I stripped it down about 5 years ago)

It's just frustrating things like taking off the old cassette or thinking about putting the headset in....

Suddenly becomes very frustrating, I hate being broken and have spent a fortune on ebay buying retro bikes now all this years racing has been cancelled... two weeks in now and i'm mostly out of the sling and back on the turbo.

Re:

Tell me about it - still on the physio after January 2109 knee op....WARNING NAKED LEG CONTENT!!!

Attachments

• P1150350.JPG
    P1150350.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 232
I refuse to mention knees (touch wood) as a 44yo still riding 34/17 Single speed 29er...according to all known mountain bike magazines I couldn't have ridden up any hills since 2003 and my knees should have imploded.

Singlespeed and well...wrong side of 50 and still running 32/16 1X1 and 36X18 Pugsley :)
Knees, we don't kneed no stinkin knees ;)

See what I did there ;)
Just wait till Brian gets here :)
Mr P that's still not good and taking a long time.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back