And today I did......

Re:

Har har hardy har Clubby.
I have an earlier aluminium Rock hopper in 21" size but it's not happy with the Pike's dialled down to 95mm whereas the later Hard rock shown is and is still okay with the full 140mm.
Jamie I'll take your offer on the 17" just to see if it'll work.
My budget for a bike that fits the Pike's spot on is essentially nil so any freebie that might work is worth a look.
As for bike station, us volunteers have to stay away until this dreadfulness is over. Further any frame that would fit the Pike's tend to get priced out my range, even if I beg. Only utter bargains these days are stuff they cannot sell in a month of Sundays such as that tandem I got for a fiver.

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2r8livl8 said:
. Only utter bargains these days are stuff they cannot sell in a month of Sundays such as that tandem I got for a fiver.

There you go then, a couple of hours with a bandsaw and a mig welder and you can have a properly long & slack frame to slot those Pikes into ;)

Re:

Muchos embarrassment, forgot I had another frame suitable for the Pikes. Rebuilding my shed and looked in a big box at the back. There was the DDG The Bouncer urt frame I bought a wee while back.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_194910.jpg
    IMG_20200417_194910.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 397
That actually looks decent.

Changed the Solaris back to 27.5+ today. 29 is good but much more playful in 27.5 guise. Wee run to the local farm for eggs and bread today as well.

How’s everyone else’s lockdown routine going?

Re:

Started buying and assembling above bikes components. Rear brakes will be Hydraulic Promax rim brakes (budget Magura copies) they look pretty good in the flesh. Gear shifters in form of SRAM 9 spd twist shifter brand new 1:1 actuation with 9 speed SRAM X5 rear mech in 1:1 actuation of course also brand spanking. Not decide if I'll work toward 1 x or stick with 3 x, budget will probably decide.

Personally I reckon you should go for a proper disc on front and an anything on the rear, its front only really does the stopping and I could furnish you with a very nice conditioned mini, from the personal collection.
Its actually a rear right side lever, but thats personal really and change is good :D Besides thats what the Europeans do, so not too bizarre.

12 quid for a set of hydraulic rim crushers is just too cheap. Not the part of the bike to ever skimp on quality.

Back