The Great Cull of 2020

Re:

Nooooo... just sell it someone who knows what it is and buy something else to customise to your spec.

It's April and bugger all has happened except the attic is getting tidier. Still got the parasites living with us, and the dog has got a new expensive life.

But I've been busy, meant to write this post 8 days ago.

Mainly it's been chucking out rubbish, e.g. buckets of unused XTR derailleurs, cassettes and the like. Why do they fit them to bikes when the first thing you do is rip them off? :)

Re:

I have a letter from the government allowing me ‘free and unhindered travel’ (and there I was thinking they were going to give me a brexit star) so I may be passing your place and I could do you a favour and take that box of XTR stuff to the tip for you, no don’t mention it, Happy to help ;)

Jamie

Re:

Also while not wanting to cause you anymore work, I believe all those White Industries freewheels are out of date ;)

Jamie

Re:

Just curious, but what's your status that gives you free and unhindered travel during a national lock down?????

Re:

It’s essential worker, post mortem tech, in a disease surveillance lab. There is just myself and the vet when needed, so I can still travel for bodies etc.
I don’t think it Is allowed to travel so far for essential XTR bits ;)
If you put them on ice next to a body then technically I could move them.
I could smuggle bike parts through checkpoints like a Gordon Jackson type character, liberating bored cyclists who need to build in these dark times.
The document helps more I think when riding to and from work as when moving round in the van they all know who I am and don’t really want to look in the back ;)

Jamie

Re:

Gotcha, our branch of VLA did similar stuff on the research campus I used to work. Much of the current goings on remind me of what it was like during the Foot and Mouth disease epidemic in 2001. Coolest PM they ever did was on a bull Water Buffalo from Edinburgh Zoo. Seeing that lying on the PM suite concourse made you nervous that Lion's were going to appear! :)

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":1quarann said:
...The document helps more I think when riding to and from work as when moving round in the van they all know who I am and don’t really want to look in the back ;)
First time I've heard of a blacked out govt RangeRover being called a van....

You wouldn't want that XTR stuff anyway, or the Campy Record stuff I took off the Flying Scot and the Bertin. The bucket I stored them in was at the front of the shed and the missus thought it was the salt bucket (it was dark) and emptied a 15kg bag of salt in it and dragged it out to the path where it's been absorbing moisture until it became a mini Red Sea.

I should have twigged because I keep having to shift the actual salt bucket in the shed to get at the bikes.

Amazing how quickly brand new Japanese alloy crumbles away compared to the old Italian stuff.

Shame, I was going to pull the Campy bearings out of the pulleys to use on my Sturmey-Archer pulleys on my Pompino. It's the only area that they are better than S-A IMO.

However I shouldn't really be admitting my degeneration into elderly feeblilitude what with using 3 speeds. Maybe it is a message from on high to KISS.

That might be tomorrow's job. Revert the Pompino to single speed and be ready for the next Jamie DIY audax.

Re:

Riding single speed is so Hipster dude. Keep it real, keep it steel, keep it British, keep it Sturmey Archer and Brooks, keep the speed three and ride free!

Latest posts

Back