Show us what you did today, thread

Cheers mate, more than likely by the time I get around to it you will be finishing them for me anyway :)
Hope your well mate and the family is fine. Will give you a bell tomorrow anyhow.

Jamie

Re:

In a running gag style as previously started by Robmac,,,....how's he going to get the S7's or S8's in through the skylight ?

After not getting much commuting in this week due to the snow on Thursday/Friday I need to get the legs turning.
I didn't want to go anywhere near people so I decided to head for the local coastline just across the field from us. I knew it would be deserted as it is fairly out of the way and while there is a tiny access road, the gate is locked. We just go across the field and onto the dirt track just above the cove. I got the Pugsley sorted and was going to change the gearing as it was still running the Puffer 36/22 combo but then thought that might be better for the trials type stuff on the rocks.
Anyway had a good couple of hours out riding round the shore at a leisurely pace and the only person I even came close to was a farmer about 150 metres away in his tractor.
Pugsley was a pleasure as usual, though I think I need a new set of front hub bearings soon. it rolled across the sand, climbed the slab rock and picked it's way round the coast from rockpool to rockpool. I was very tempted to fit the XT rear mech as I have a cassette and a 9 speed thumbshifter sitting in the spares box, but in the end decided not too, glad I did as I really like the simplicity of it singlespeed, especially when doing the slow technical type rock work.
Back home and a quick hose down to get the salt water off and good to go next time.
Hope everyone else is doing OK and keeping sane if your on lockdown.

Jamie

I normally come onto this track from down on the left past the hedges, I decided to ride round and down the track to save opening the gates. to save touching them really.
IMG_2648 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2650 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2654 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2665 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2675 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2681 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2685 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2691 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

To show that I didn't travel far, our house is the small group just below the seagull behind the power lines. Can see the tops of them to the left of the big house.
IMG_2659 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Headed out with the wee man on our first biking adventure.
Had been weighing up the pros and cons of trailer vs e-cargo bike for a while. Had a good look at a couple of options of e-bike at Edinburgh bike co-op in Aberdeen. Original thought was a Tern GSD which has a long tail for various child seat options for toddlers and as they grow. Not cheap at 4 grand but typical e-bike money. One issue was the price of parts to do the add ons as he grows. Also not sure what kind of resale market there would be for the bits he out grew. The real problem is I think I'd probably also end up wanting a proper e mountain bike as well, so started looking at trailers agin with the thought I could attach a e-mtb in the future. Good trailers are still a decent chunk of money, but more likely to be able to sell on in the future.
With nursery shut, it's daddy day care time 3 days a week once Sharron goes back to work next week. Saw a good deal (£200 off) on a Hamax Outback trailer with suspension and went for it. Also got a rebuildable 12mm axle kit so it works with all the different widths and standards.
Arrived during the week and got it built up. Weighs a ton, but built like a tank and really smoothly once up to speed. Had a play about with it on Friday without it's cargo and then headed out today for our first adventure.
Really impressed by how stable it felt, and turning circle is actually pretty tight. Also glad to say it fits through all the gates and fences on the local cycle paths. A bit of a weird feeling as it reacts to bumps and surface changes once the bike itself is over them but should get used to that. HARD work uphill, really notice the extra 20kg. Definitely thinking of battery assisted help in my future, once normality returns.

Hope you're all keeping safe and still getting out for your government allotted one a day.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Back