MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

BTW all this talk about forks failing what about the frames, head tube, a point in fact K***** Giant Athem frame failure if Giant were aware he was running 203mm discs I doubt they would have honoured the warranty claim, not saying that was the cause of that fail.

Re:

There are some great youtube compilations of frame failures. Seems to happen alot at the headtube area quite possibly due to the modern fashion for hammering your bike down steep techy trails with lots of jumps and the use of Aluminium as a frame material. I suspect manufacturers such as Giant do honour warranty failures even if the rider might be at fault because they are building bikes for an extreme sport. Afterall to a firm as big as Giant a replacement frame is a drop in the ocean but bad press is BAD !

dyna-ti":dw1v1o0q said:
...I know its not flimsy as ive yet to hear of a mount breaking off but i suppose they must :?...
The fork leg may not break, but I have a fork where the disk mount sheared off and took a substantial part of the lower with it.

Re:

If the front brake fitting was a PITA then the rear was just as bad :facepalm:
So today I said "F*ck It!!" and have gone with Magura rim brakes instead.
:mrgreen:

Re:

Yer lucky Keith wiz oot on the pish last night and likely a wee bit "under the weather" just now coz ye've just let him know yer no in and all yer bike stuff is "free to a new home".

Re:

I've left my Taiwanese exchange students to look after the place, they're awfy nice laddies, twins as well.
They dinny half ken how to look after the more mature gentleman ;)

Back