And today I did......

Picked up a comedy bike just for a laugh. At the bike station they had a BSO suspension bike in red and white Coca Cola colour scheme complete with decals. It was destined for the scrap skip and will eventually end up there. In the mean time at least for the festive period it'll be blasted around my local wasteland until I break it which I suspect wont be long :xmas-big-grin:

How many BSO's have you now Velo ? :LOL:

This is what I found while working there. It's a bike, so useful, which is always better than scrapping it, but tbh the world would benefit from chucking it in the recycle skip

dyna-ti":ga8b8ajh said:
How many BSO's have you now Velo ? :LOL:

This is what I found while working there. It's a bike, so useful, which is always better than scrapping it, but tbh the world would benefit from chucking it in the recycle skip
No no no!

As bicycle evangelists it's our duty to elevate the humble BSO to its true purpose in life. Donor bike https://www.atomiczombie.com :)

eg this example with Modern Trail Geometry and suitably insulated in warm colours for the 'Puffer.

78046192_2926044137414089_7410161493024440320_o.jpg

(Not mine :) )

Re:

I do not have any BSO's bar this one and its likely just a short termer.

Only got 5 bikes these days. My kleptomaniac collecting of bicycles was a symptom of mental illness. To cure myself I need to be strict and take my meds !

Stripped the Coca-Cola URT BSO down to its frame and rear shock. Still quite a hunk of boat anchor. Think I'll rebuild with minimal replacement parts but go for road slicks. Me thinks it'll be a comfy road hack for the mean streets of winter Edinburgh. Plus who in their right mind would nick it. I however am not in my right mind and I'm off to see a Psychiatrist on Friday the 13th.......you couldn't make it up :facepalm:

And today I didn't

ride my bike.

Trying to get the dog fit again after her "holiday" when I was in Oz for 3 months. She'd put on weight because my wife's idea of a walk for the dog is barely a mile.

So I took her for a 10.5km run round on the 'Puffer track instead (the dog, not the wife :) ).

Spotting lots of ice spikes littering the track. Folk are obviously not doing the recommended 30-40 km of road to bed them in first.

Re:

I did not know that fact about studded tyres. I suspect the majority of riders dont know that either.
Once more Brian you are a font of knowledge :)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":mo15xxd3 said:
Once more Brian you are a font of knowledge :)

I had to reread that a second time, as I wondered what you just called him, then I seen it, font ;)

Jamie

Back