And today I did......

Re:

Actually went out on a bicycle this afternoon.........this one..........and it was feekin baltic. You probably don't want to know or picture this, but when I got in my buttocks were ruddy freezin :xmas-wink: :xmas-wink:

Now to replace that back wheel.

Attachments

• andes.jpg
    andes.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 917
Freezing it was...

I've been looking forward to the cold weather after my Oz soujourn.

Today I was not disappointed.

The horizon isn't tilted, that's a hill, a long steep one.

Frabjous joy, an excuse to have a wee rest on this new seat near the top and enjoy the last of Autumn scenery in bright sunshine.

The higher you go, the better it gets.

This is where I was headed, Ben Wyvis.

I had hoped there might be some snow a bit lower, but it's only a matter of time.

But it's cold enough that the tracks were icy. The ruts were mainly rideable, but with the odd patch of slithery slickness, so I stuck to the crunchy middle.

This one was a bit tricky. Couldn't stand upright so went across quadruped then dragged the bike. There's a nice drop into the burn on either side so I wasn't going to risk an accident where I wouldn't be found for days. Ice tyres go on tomorrow methinks...

Decided it was getting too dodgy to press on with slick tyres, and this was as close as I got to the Ben.

Then was a nice long descent. Usually it's quite fast but for much of it I was having to pick a very careful line. The sun was shining in my eyes and it was hard to tell if the reflection of the track was from wetness or slick ice - in some cases it was. I don't think I got over 10mph. :)

But it's great to be out on the bike, on a decent climb and not cook from the sun.

Lovely scenic pics as ever :d Does anyone feel this weather is actually best.Not too cold, but brisk enough to prevent overheating.

Also went out on the bike today :shock:, though in my defence it was a short journey to the bike mechanic, to sort out a niggle.

Cove rides well, and nice to have my size of frame up and running finally. Just now time to get confidence none of it is going to fail in use :LOL:

dyna-ti":3712xvd8 said:
...Does anyone feel this weather is actually best.Not too cold, but brisk enough to prevent overheating...
I like it cold.

November is probably the best month of the year - cold but dry (ish) and not too much wind.

Looking forward to a bit of bit of snow and sleet now.

Re: Re:

RobMac":a1wdyfqs said:
What Cove?

22" XL Stiffee FR. Older one, 2007 or 2008 maybe.
Build-150mm revelation,hope brakes,floaty rotors,skewers,hubs,stem,h/s,clamp and bar plugs all in Gold. answer bar,raceface dh post and on fat slicks.

Very nice with the red frame and gold ano.

dyna-ti":tgcuj607 said:
Does anyone feel this weather is actually best.Not too cold, but brisk enough to prevent overheating

I love it too. Crunching through frozen puddles, while not getting too muddy. Trails round here are actually drying out.
Sitting looking out on a frosty garden while finishing my pre-ride porridge at the moment.

Re:

Can't beat frosty trails, fast riding and generally no bike cleaning required post-ride... win-win!! :D

Back