Global Fat Bike Day Sat 7th Dec

epicyclo

Senior Retro Guru
Jamie and I are planning the Aultnabreac loop on our oldest fatbikes.

All welcome.

Doesn't have to be a Fatbike because we're not purists.

The loop is fairly flat and ok for gravel bikes ie 30+mm tyres, but the conditions can make it more interesting.

Scenery you won't get elsewhere in the UK, almost arctic. Riding there feels very different.

Like this

and

Bring your own JetBoil and cakes etc because there's lots of nothing out there, especially cake shops. :)

Details closer to the time.

Re:

Give me an idea of distance and likely weather and I will consider it. Day after my 50th Birthday so might not be fit for it

Re:

Got to work on your tourist patter Brian, "The Bog" just does not inspire. :facepalm:

What about:

"The well surfaced and drained byways that circumnavigate this environmentally diverse and beautiful Wetland Habitat give rise to magnificent vistas towards the internationally renowned geological strata of Scotland's hills and mountains. Thus ensuring a rewarding and energetic excursion by bicycle for any enthusiast of the great outdoors". :xmas-cool:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2w98iimu said:
"The well surfaced and drained byways that circumnavigate this environmentally diverse and beautiful Wetland Habitat give rise to magnificent vistas towards the internationally renowned geological strata of Scotland's hills and mountains. Thus ensuring a rewarding and energetic excursion by bicycle for any enthusiast of the great outdoors". :xmas-cool:
I'll buy that :D

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1urze0tv said:
Got to work on your tourist patter Brian, "The Bog" just does not inspire. :facepalm:

What about:

Welcome to one of my "road" rides... :)

Back