Show us what you did today, thread

Shack beside Tescos back in 2001/2002
Only briefly part time and then at nights wrenching while working at Sealife.
Cash but the best was all parts at cost :)

Jamie

Re:

Ha - I moved to Oban in Jan 2001 so probably walked passed you a few times. :LOL:

He closed a few years ago and shack was demolished. Bought my Lezyne mini pump there :cool:

It may have been the start of 2002 actually, Feb or March from memory. It was only a few months on and off.
I had met the first owner, David, who moved back to Yorkshire in the spring as when I first got there they ran a chain gang over the winter, leaving from the shop each Sunday morning.

Jamie

Jason is a bit odd in some of his posts but what I think he refers to is the Raleigh Lenton Sport from the Bike Station in Edinburgh has been picked up and is winging its way to him.

velomaniac":2o89739l said:
Jason is a bit odd in some of his posts but what I think he refers to is the Raleigh Lenton Sport from the Bike Station in Edinburgh has been picked up and is winging its way to him.

I think someone's on commission ;)

Some one is on no commission..........unfortunately :roll:

I am not allowed to profit from the sale of Charity goods, because if I do I'll be thrown out of the volunteer program.

I am doing it because I do not like to see nice bikes ending up being split up and sent to the scrappy for lack of interest. If I can find the right market for a nice bike I am happy to help.

Today I had to give sad news to a cyclist by telling him his Beloved Dawes Leopard mtb had to go to the scrappy because the damage it had received in a crash was terminal. The other volunteers, all young teenage lads had not spotted it was FUBAR and told the guy it was fixable. They then all hid when someone had to tell him the bad news and so I did it :(

There are several nice old bikes I will be drip feeding into this site to see if there is any interest.

Seeing as the forecast was reasonable for once , especially after the rainy sleety weekend we have just had, I decided to take today off work and head south as Brian said he had an idea for a road ride.
Perfect I thought! What could possibly go wrong?
So after being up early and dropping a visitor to the Dyer household into Thurso for the train at 8.30 I kept heading south to Brians at Dingwall.
After a warming coffee we headed out into the nice autumnal day that was slowly becoming overcast. While it was sunny in places, the heat had definitely gone for the year as it was very cold. This was not helped by snow on Ben Wyvis and snow clearly visible on the high ground to the west.
I was on the trusty Long Haul Trucker while Brian was on his Alfine equipped Voodoo.
We headed out over sections of the Black Isle to North Kessock where we dined in style at Harry Gows :LOL: (It was fuel)
It was not pretty and it wasn't healthy but it was warming as I was really freezing despite having several jerseys on. I put my jacket on just after this and that really helped but I had made the mistake of not packing my Buff.
We then rode back through North Kessock, Redcar and back up onto the main road to Dingwall all the while taking small detours to explore. Some paved and of course, some dirt/gravel 'short cuts'.
A cold ride but a good ride and it seems that winter has returned quite quickly. It has taken the heat and the daylight.
A good laugh and despite the cold it was a really nice ride. Good to have the co pilot back as well.

Jamie

IMG_2117 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2118 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2120 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2133 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2141 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2144 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2150 (2) by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2152 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2157 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Nearly got squished by a pack of those pesky Gravel Varmits today :LOL:

Autumn 2019 seems to be the Autumn of Gravel, they are everywhere these fat tyred road bikes. Who'd of thunk a Father Christmas lookalike from the Highlands and his diminutive Ozzie sidekick could have sparked such a world wide phenomenon :LOL:

Latest posts

Back