MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":36kxhlyg said:
I believe the Thomson Twins are doing a CX competition tomorrow
Good luck chaps ;)

Well that was brutal. 50 minutes ramming my heart rate to the red line. Great wee course, although after 7 previous races the sand pit was rutted to hell. Apparently someone fell off, tore up a large chunk of course tape and landed on a hay bale :oops:
Didn’t come last though, somehow.
Fast guys were unbelievable. Shows the speed of the over 40’s class when Jimo only beat me by 6 spots (and one lap)

RobMac":1xt033ua said:
Today I picked up my last/final new frame (it ain't 26) so no more new bikes/frames for me.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I've heard some real crackers in my time but that, that..... you sir have made me laugh with that nonsense.

You should scroll back up and look at the last meme for Velo :)

Jamie

Didn’t come last though, somehow.
Fast guys were unbelievable. Shows the speed of the over 40’s class when Jimo only beat me by 6 spots (and one lap)

Where did you get the results? I've not seen anything anywhere??? :?

Re:

Clubby, You know which position you said you didn't want to finish in? :LOL:

Phew! I know it was a round of the Scottish cx series, but there's a lot of serious racing snakes in there.
I can't fault the bike, it didn't hold me back at all, my legs & lungs did that well enough :LOL:

jimo746":3kiz6u4l said:
Clubby, You know which position you said you didn't want to finish in? :LOL:

I know! Bloody annoying, was sure I was dead last. Passed a guy with mechanical near the sand pit on lap 3, must have been him. Looking at his first two laps he was lapping 4 minutes quicker than me but his third lap was 30 minutes. He must have walked remainder of his 3rd lap and came in just after cut off.

RobMac":2atfsoc1 said:
I might splash out on a pair of long travel forks what your thoughts on boost models?

You’ve got no choice if you’re buying new these days. You need a boost front wheel, or be willing to pi$$ about with adaptors on an old wheel, but apart from that it makes bugger all difference to an auld mincer like you.

Back