May get for a ride today

mr-mac

Retro Guru
After my test resulted in a broken chain (now replaced as nothing looked worn elsewhere.

I may finally get out for a longer test ride to see how bike and myself fair...

So a wee run from Leuchars down ershall farm road and if still going ok follow trail across to tentsmuir road and back.

1. As I say to test me and bike
2. Also looking for some safe quiet routes I can take wee lass with me on.

Will probs end up trying to adjust and tweak gears a few times to get em fully working nicely. Will also have a play with shock settings and see how it goes.

Re:

Will do, quite pleased with small updates so far...

Attachments

• B26B4F20-36EA-40D5-AE1C-C2425AFB3FFE.jpeg
    B26B4F20-36EA-40D5-AE1C-C2425AFB3FFE.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 1,830
  • D9BEE00E-FAFD-49DA-8250-F39F63755648.jpeg
    D9BEE00E-FAFD-49DA-8250-F39F63755648.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 1,830
Re:

Done...

First proper ride in poss 20yr (yes there were odd fits and starts and short periods in interim but not too much)...

And I dragged all 19 stone of my ass 10 miles with about 5-6miles being stoney track, forest track, single track and single track with sandy patches....

Stopped for juice and a crape at tentsmuir and took roads home to Leuchars.

Pretty fecking pleased with myself :)

Re:

WELL DONE :D

Very nice bike by the way, Kona always seemed to me to get the mtb look just perfect from the get go !

Tentsmuir was where I cut my mtb teeth back in 1994 on a Townsend Beartooth :oops:

Re:

Didn’t do much in tentsmuir itself as well 45, 19stone and been a long time since did any cycling... so it was the run from Leuchars down side of base, among Eden estuary and into tentsmuir and back up the road.

But as I get a few more runs I’ll hopefully take a break at tentsmuir then do a little tentsmuir exploring before heading back via road

Re:

Good effort, it all begins somewhere.
Tentsmuir is good, generally flat but with enough short ups and downs and miles of single track in the forest to keep it interesting.
Plus the Crepe Shack in the car park for post ride sustenance :mrgreen:

Back