Munro

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
There's rumblings amongst the Yorkshire lot of an attempt on Ben Macdui in August /early September.
No other details at the moment, just putting it out there as I'd be quite interested in a ride/hike a bike up there.
As this would be in Macretro's back yard it'd be cool if a few of us could make the ride :)

Re: Re:

RobMac":1c38hujp said:
Am I right in thinking this is us on about doing Munroes on bikes again?

Jim and I DID do a Munro on the bikes............

It’s just no-one else turned up...........

.......... then Jim suddenly developed a DVT.

Re:

If a Macdui August trip is on the go I'd be willing o give it a shot, depending on fitness/weather etc

Should be mobile around the end of March/April and will need a few months to build myself up. Haven't done Macdui yet, in fact there's a fair number of the Gorms on my to do list.

Re:

It's been confirmed as going ahead on 1st Sunday September.

Plenty of time to improve fitness/walking/carrying etc...

I think I might aim to do a "recce" in July, I've never done Macdui either.

Re:

I'm off that weekend so had a swatch at some climb reports for Ben Macdui. It appears you can go so far on bikes from Linn o' Dee then park the bikes and hike the rest of the way. Not one for the inexperienced or unfit walker it seems. A lot of Munro baggers leave this one until they've got quiet a few others under their belts.
I'll be up for it pending any family stuff that weekend.

walked Macdui a few years ago, still remember the boulder field as you walk across the plateau........

hope yer bikes not heavy lol.

Latest posts

Back