MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

I went to see him in Dunkeld last year. Really interesting night. Had lots of his old bikes on display including one of his original beat up Zaskars. Shame he’s been so ruthlessly targeted.

look forward to watching that, really enjoy his updates and throwbacks on insta. worked through alot of old stuff on his youtube channel on the turbo last winter

Re:

Well apparently I've been hobbling around since the beginning of September with 95% of a tendon ripped from my right knee.....bugger

Today's ultrasound scan confirmed the fears - oh well, onwards and upwards, slowly. Surgery beckons :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Mr Panda":29at5nv7 said:
Well apparently I've been hobbling around since the beginning of September with 95% of a tendon ripped from my right knee.....bugger

Today's ultrasound scan confirmed the fears - oh well, onwards and upwards, slowly. Surgery beckons :facepalm:
Just as well you have a spare leg on the other side. :)

Seriously, that sounds nasty. Look after it carefully.

Re:

Its inconvenient more than anything else - pain went the first week after impact. Just can't do much with leg as there's fek all attaching muscle to bone :|

Haven't had a single day off work though and on the plus side I'm saving a fortune driving to MacRetro meets across the country :LOL:

Going to have a very sedentary winter then will need to ramp up on physio when I come off the table. Hope I get a nice instructor :D :D

kaiser":j0a7mxne said:
https://road.cc/content/news/253351-pan-celtic-race-self-supported-bikepacking-event-take-competitors-through

Jamie and Brian, starts at your front door!
Sounds interesting.

Jamie should have his rod-brake bike built by then. Think we'll need to fit the 3 speed hub though...

Edit: just looked closer at the route. The Scottish bit is similar to a ride I was planning for spring on the rod-brake bike. Starting at Drummore and going north to Dunnet Head.

Re:

I have noticed that...

There are several Retrobike members that I know of, who use the forum, post things, buy, sell etc. Yet don't appear to ride the retro bikes, or if they do then they don't ride with other Macretro members, on planned rides etc.

Is it the thought of sering Robmac in lycra that's putting them off?? :LOL:

Re: Re:

jimo746":3fsmmc0s said:
Is it the thought of seeing Robmac in lycra that's putting them off?? :LOL:

Nah, the chances of Rob showing up to a ride are that small, that it can’t be that.
I think your biggest assumption is that people on this site actually ride bikes rather than just talking crap about them.

Or they’ve heard about the strange sassanach that’s started turning up on rides. :)

Back