And today I did......

Re:

Did you get that 600 TriColour and Profile bars off ebay? I hummed and hawed too long then it was gone. :facepalm:
Just because I didn't have a frame to put it on but should have just got it for "stock" at that price.
Any idea what frame you'll put it on?

Re:

Hey. Yeah. It finished unsold at £60 but went on again with a best offer. Offered £50 and it got accepted. Thought it was good valve for the lot. Its cleaned up really well. Haven't really got a frame in mind but i may put them on a 1985 Holdsworth Triath-Elan that I have but I like the fact that its original at the moment. I really like the Dura Ace 7200 derailleur. I think i may focus on building up a 7200 group and get a 70s frame to match that.

Re:

Attempting to get rid of further bike junk while attempting to complete projects. I have a pair of campag hubbed mavic rimmed road wheels I got for £20 with campags 8 speed original hub. Unfortunately this means just shy of £30 for a cassette off Miche, complete wheelset less than the price of a cassette, blimey !
Got a conti gatorskin and Spesh turbo s in 25mm wide though for a tenner so tyres are sorted.
Hopefully get my Riddle Winter Audax up and rolling for winter :)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":sm3bqqvq said:
Attempting to get rid of further bike junk while attempting to complete projects. I have a pair of campag hubbed mavic rimmed road wheels I got for £20 with campags 8 speed original hub. Unfortunately this means just shy of £30 for a cassette off Miche, complete wheelset less than the price of a cassette, blimey !
Got a conti gatorskin and Spesh turbo s in 25mm wide though for a tenner so tyres are sorted.
Hopefully get my Riddle Winter Audax up and rolling for winter :)
Is that a weird spiral hub?

Edit. Sorry was thinking Maillard.

Attachments

• F45DE44F-E0BF-4699-AFE4-B7796602CDEA.jpeg
    F45DE44F-E0BF-4699-AFE4-B7796602CDEA.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 567
Re:

Actually had and used one of those helicomatic hubs once. Really cool piece of kit just with two major failings. Narrow OLD measurement resulted in too much drive side dish for adequate strength. Drive side bearings had to be smaller than non drive side and wore out much faster. Plus needed special and rare tool to service. Otherwise really cool :)

Re:

Morning. Somebody up here was selling a fat front set up a while back? I need a fat front wheel, tyre and tube ta.

Back