New (again) Loch Tay ride - Autumn 2018

Re:

Another plan would be to start/finish at Kenmore but just go out Glen Lyon and back again the same route, which in my opinion is the most scenic part and avoids the Big Hill :xmas-cool:

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":1x0ub3ds said:
What sort of average speed do you guys go at on one of these road rides?
And more importantly, how frequently do you stop for coffee and cake refueling?

Probably much the same as the mtb rides. Or at least that's what I'm counting on! :D

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":llvonlyr said:
We go at a very relaxed pace and we stop whenever someone wants to stop :) There's no pressure or machismo we are just out for a social ride to enjoy ourselves.
Jamie

That's good to know.

jimo746":llvonlyr said:
old_coyote_pedaller":llvonlyr said:
What sort of average speed do you guys go at on one of these road rides?
And more importantly, how frequently do you stop for coffee and cake refueling?

Probably much the same as the mtb rides. Or at least that's what I'm counting on! :D

Like 2/3rds riding and 1/3rd yappin' 'n rippin' the pish? That's generally the ratios I'm happy with. :mrgreen:

Re:

Banter aside my question has not been answered.

What weekends in October are most favoured by you guys.

Any Saturday is fine for me ;)

Re:

I'm not going to be on a bike for a good while yet due to ligament damage. I'll count myself lucky if I can ride by the end of October :(

Meanwhile the autumn colours explode all around Fortingall :cool:

Re:

Just reading through this reminds me how we never know how things are gonna pan out. Following my injury at the beginning of September I find myself still hobbling with a stick and awaiting tendon re-attachment surgery in January, followed by 6-12 weeks in a full leg brace then months of physio. So much for being on a bike by end October.

Gotta laugh though - not least as I have many memories of good bike rides and intend many more, plus planning how the hell I'm gonna complete the Cuillin Ridge on Skye :xmas-cool: :xmas-cool: :xmas-cool:

You will be fit in no time I'm sure and you will look back on it at some point in the future as just a small blip, being out of action.
I am sure it will pass quick enough and once your working on your fitness and healing it will go quick enough.
I'm sure they will rebuild you fitter, faster, stronger, they have the technology :)
You'll be leaving us well behind soon enough. I am sure you will be on the ride by October ;)

Jamie

Back