And today I did......

Re:

Considering Retrobike started life as a site for retro mountain bikers being told I'm doolaly by the guy who "culled" his only retro mountain bike is a bit rich ;-)

But Velo I was meaning Brian when I wrote that but upon rereading my post I find that you too fit my reply with talk of culling obviously caused by doolaliness ;)
I still have my 94 Stumpy frame and fork and several retro road bikes but I do enjoy my modernish stuff, but I am retro on the inside, some may say vintage ;)

Jamie

Re:

Today I did something major or drastic dependent on your viewpoint to help my mental state. I am a hoarder of bicycle junk, most of my bike frame collection is of little more than scrap value and so I had a major cull. I have gifted 14 bike frames plus tyres and other Gubbins to the Edinburgh Bike Station. That is two thirds of my collection. Further gifts of parts etc will follow. I need to stop this obsession in its tracks as it is messing with my mind. I feel this hoarding has been a symptom of the bipolar condition I now receive meds to control.
Don't worry, I still have bikes but I need to keep them down to riders only.
Wish I could say its changed my life but presently I am a little shell shocked I actually did it.
Need a lie down.........

Re:

Today (actually most of the week) I've mainly been hobbling around at home due to a damaged disc in my lower back :cry:
Not been very active on here lately and not been near a bike for ages but now counting the days until I'm fit enough to get back out for even the shortest of rides. Although I'd settle for being able to walk more than a few yards without a shooting pain down my left leg ATM :LOL:

Been a fairly hectic year so far but finally took the plunge and bought a house in Cumbria to be nearer work and moved in a couple of weeks ago, so my attendance at any future MacRetro rides isn't going to get any better than it has been lately!
However hoping to get out on the bike a bit more regularly now that I'll be at home most nights so it should be a positive move for my future and general well being. Hope everyone is doing well and doing what makes them happy and if any of you fancy a weekend riding in the lakes give me a shout, you'll all be welcome (just maybe not all at the same time :LOL: ).

Sorry to hear about your back, doesn't sound good at all but hopefully be mended quickly and normal service resumed.
Good to hear that it's a positive move and wishing you all the best with it. :)
I don't know about ' not all at once' as I don't think we've ever had a macretro Lakes ride before :LOL:

Jamie

Back