MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Shame Gmac, that's a nice bike. You not using it much?
Hate to thinking how much you're going to get beaten up on price. Had best luck myself on Singletrack.
Don't write off eBay either. Just keep an eye out for their special weekend deals to keep fees down. Last weekend was a £1max fee weekend.

You trying to sell it whole or thinking of splitting?

tis a 29er Rob... have you come round to them yet ? :D ?

Yeah Clubby still love the bike, will be 5 years old now, reckon I'll be lucky to see a fraction which grates, but you can't keep modern for long, in many respects it's quite dated inaw. TBH would rather keep it, but just don't have local terrain nor time to travel to ride. The bikes only done 279miles in ~4 years, and I think only 1 outing in each of the last two years, where I've taken down to GT/Gorms for a final thrash, then came home with a grin and a I'm keeping it attitude :facepalm: so I guess I've delayed this for a while

Been crunchin' road miles in recent years, back at the Royal Albert CC and enjoying the road life, it's all deep section rims, carbon, power meters and getting dropped these days :D :facepalm: So sadly funds will be aimed at another plastic bike

Fat tyre riding is pretty much exclusively 4 bikepacking weekends per year.. Tho a gumtree 100 bucks caadx has given me a bit of gravel bike desire

Re:

Fifer assistance required. Heading out on the motorbike at the weekend and may end up on the east coast. Where would you stay? Any recommendations? Can be camping or hostel type. Looking for a place to get a beer and some scran as much as anything. The sketchy plan is to watch a mate at Knockhill doing a track day then saunter further north afterwards, the next day will be going home but the scenic way. Anywhere from Fife up towards Aberdeen but not as far as Aberdeen would be ideal. Shonky details but hopefully you get the idea.

Re:

There's a couple of campsites in or near to Kinross which isnae far from Knockhill. Gallowhill Farm is on outskirts and Lethangie which is basically between Kinross and Milnathort which are almost the one town now. No experience of either, Gallowhill being the bigger of the 2. Both within crawling distance of loads of pubs in Kinross or Milnathort, and there's a wee brewery in Kinross opposite the Green Hotel. Built inside a former public bog. I kid you not. :mrgreen: A brewey in a pisshouse. Who'da believed it.
I live just outside Kinross, 5 miles from Knockhill as the crow flies. Can hear it on race days or trackdays if there's a fair few cars or bikes on track.

Back