MOTOR CHAT

Re: Re:

RobMac":2n03t7el said:
Anybody had any experience with the Range Rover Freelander TD4?

Had a Discovery for several years - very fine but electrics can be a pain - nothing major though - daft stuff like windows and central locking, CD/radio, cruise control etc. Freelanders can be similar I understand. Also quite cramped inside.

Re: Re:

RobMac":2yk8nzxk said:
Anybody had any experience with the Range Rover Freelander TD4?

BMW engine mated to Ford electrics built by Land Rover, depending on model and year.

Once the electrics start to go with these, thats it.

Re:

Have to agree about the electrics, a sore point on most modern Land Rover products once they get over ten years old or hit high miles. One the bright side, once you get stuck in the older modern models are fairly simple. My 'newest' Land Rover is now 16 years old, and systems like the seats, windows, headlight wipers and door catch cables have all needed looked at, and the amp and rear screens are subject to problems with damp ingress to the gubbins in the boot. Still, once you look at a model with over 100k and over 12 years old with a full service history you tend to get something that has seen all the main issues sorted, or enough components replaced to ameliorate the worst of the issues.

Never left me at the side of the road.

Out for a braap on the motorcycle yesterday. Had a rare time. Who of the MacRetro is currently biking or lapsed? Any interest in a meet up? Even if it is just for a cuppa?

Re:

Haven’t been on a (motor) bike for 15 years now :shock:
I will have to get one again.
Currently have an old CZ sat in a million pieces, not sure it’ll ever be finished :facepalm:

Re:

Seems appropriate for my 900th post.....

There's a few pics and a bit of discussion with a fellow Saabist in my Pace thread, but thought I'd add something here.

My C900 2dr Carlsson

Technically, they never made a 2dr Version, all were 3dr with a Whaletail spoiler and available in Red, Black or White...200 of each colour/ each year from 1989-92
The Carlsson was a dealer conversion from the 'Standard' T16S - which added 'Airflow' bumpers, coloured body side mouldings, rear decor panel, Whaletail, side vent covers, fog lamps, carlsson decal body and bumper stripes, leather Carlsson steering wheel, 20mm lower suspension, double exhaust finisher, red box APC. Most are recorded as as T16S on their logbooks.

However, I've always liked the 2dr and often thought they should have offered the Carlsson as such....so that was my start point.
A genuine 2dr 'Notchback' T16S ( about 170 were made for the UK Market in total ) - same year as the 1st Carlsson's and in the best colour....black :cool:
It was then restored and Genuine Carlsson bumpers/ parts added and completed with Decals. The 2dr specific rear decor panel took a long time to source, but everything is now there bar the twin pipe exhaust.

I like it! - it looks factory but is my unique take on it. The Carlsson they should have offered ( + the 2dr body is stiffer, according to Abbott's that raced the 900 Tii back in the day ;) )

Anyway, Enjoy

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 1,509
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 1,509
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,509
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,509
Haud oan!!! Where's the pics? You can't make a post like that with no pictures. Love Saabs, it's the car I'd love to own but probably never will :(

Oops, I can see the pics now :facepalm:

Robmac suggested I share on here.

Picked this up last week. 1984 12k only done 200 miles since 2012. New clutch MOT and service and off we go!

Spent a very pleasant few hours fettling and now she's as pretty as a bag full of pretty things. Not for the knee down brigade but for a tour and a pootle.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3b7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3b7.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,382
Re:

Very nice Motorbike and if I was allowed one this is the type I would ride :cool:

Unfortunately this would be a little too much for my long suffering Wife to take :!:

Back