Gritopia

Janets Brae......OH JEEZO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rethinks gearing and cunningly hidden electric motor or performance enhancing drugs other wise known as sugar and lots of it !

More route hints- there's a trail closure notice at the bottom of Janets brae, covering carls lane, the new trail from the mast to Ho Chi Min... doesn't say if its going to be used up or down, but I'm guessing it'll be a climb

Re:

Real danger I will not be at Gritopia. Still in pain from last weekends crash at G7. Bruised ribs and a wee bit groin strain have left me uncomfortable on bike. We will see but properly herpling around at moment :-(

Re:

Feeling bit more positive as got the meds to overcome the pains. Plan to cycle as much as I can this week to get body used to cycling again. Might not ride MTB much for a while though, gravel and road only for a bit

http://tweedlove.com/onthehillside/wp-c ... opia_F.pdf

Route is out, and it’s more than possible to cut it short after Innerleithen if the legs are struggling...

Managed to miss enjoyro and a coaching session at the weekend as youngest was admitted to sick kids and has been diagnosed as coeliac today. So I’m going all out for tweedlove stuff this weekend- film night Thursday, demo Friday, gritopia followed by family ride and film on the green Saturday then British champs on Sunday as sweeper...

Re:

Seriously pee'd off with Tweedlove Gritopia. Keep the route secret until its too late to cancel and they keep my 30 quid I can I'll afford. I can't ride that, its straight up Janet's Brad and then looks like the spooky wood climb then straight up to the mast. By the time I reach the mast I'll be fooked with no energy reserve for the rest of the run. Its not a MTB race but they had their MTB goggles on when they designed it. There are easier routes to climb but no let's kill everyone before things even get going. Not happy as you can tell

Re:

I was supposed to be doing this, but as I'm off to sunny (hopefully!) France for a couple of weeks cycle-touring the following Thursday, I can't get the Friday off for travelling, and generally I'm struggling time-wise anyway...

Not sure if it's do-able (name on ticket et cetera...) but if anyone wants a ticket, they can have mine gratis? Sooner see it get used than not, so if anyone's interested let me know :)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":17oz4q9x said:
Seriously pee'd off with Tweedlove Gritopia. Keep the route secret until its too late to cancel and they keep my 30 quid I can I'll afford. I can't ride that, its straight up Janet's Brad and then looks like the spooky wood climb then straight up to the mast. By the time I reach the mast I'll be fooked with no energy reserve for the rest of the run. Its not a MTB race but they had their MTB goggles on when they designed it. There are easier routes to climb but no let's kill everyone before things even get going. Not happy as you can tell

I know what you mean, definitely easier ways up there- I’m planning a very slow plod up and expecting to drop out at inners to take the railway path back. I’m sweeper for the enduro on Sunday so need to save some legs

Back