Glentress 7?

Re:

1st Laps tonight on the big bike, didn’t set strava as some parts are not supposed to be ridden or are wrong way but it’s running well, will be doing more laps for the next few weeks to get my eye in....

Re:

I’ve done 50mins which included 4-5 mins of pushing as I stupidly did it on my big bike last year...

Was unfit and 52 mins on the Zaskar the year before, aiming for sub 50 this year...

c'mon then spill the beans, what like is the lap and are there any real sketchy sections for the fat and shite riders amongst us?

Re:

There are only 5 sections of down on it really, Magic Pie, the Tunnel of Love (which is closed apart from race day), Zoom or Bust, a section that cuts off the top of Janet’s Brae and comes onto the fire road not far below and the final descent from there back to the finish.

Magic Pie is a piece of piss.

Tunnel of Love is steep and will be churned up by mincers after lap 1. There is a tight left at the bottom, with a drop onto the black (or red, I forget)

Zoom or bust is rooty and worn

The run from top of Janet’s is fast and not too technical the climb back up is a bitch

The run from there to be bottom has the bomb hole and a wee drop almost right after it, lots of off camber rooty bits and a fast descent back to the gate into the field... the field is fine there is a crap jump and a stream splash but nothing terrible...

If you can climb you’ll be fine as the Downs will take care of themselves

Re:

sounds great mate, was swithering on taking the fatbike for a change, as had read about a few folk riding them last year.

Re:

2nd loop on Sat Am (well 3/4 of it because I know I can cane the final descent) 40 mins taking it fairly easily and going to go again tonight. What a difference 40psi instead of 24 and spd instead of flats made...

Re:

About a week to go, anyone actually ready for this ?
I'm no, practically done zero training, only ridden my bike choice a couple of times but at least its been professionally serviced. The climbing bit looks a right pain !

Re: Re:

boxxer":ze9l3mee said:
If you can climb you’ll be fine as the Downs will take care of themselves

I think we're all in the shit then! :LOL:

Been out for a few mtb rides this week, not long distances, but if it's 50mins a lap then I can handle that as I'll get 50mins rest after each lap (or an hour and 50 minutes eh Clubby? ;) :LOL: ).
Or 50 minutes to eat cake after each lap.... that's potentially a LOT of cake :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back