And today I did......

Great transformation Jamie. Think it would be a shame to repaint it though. Looks good as it is.

No riding for me this weekend, I took a trip down to Bristol for the Bespoked show. Some amazing builds and great opportunity to chat to the builders. Chris King was even there rebuilding punters hubs and headsets himself. A lot of the builders must have been taking inspiration from Epicyclo, the whole big tyred road bike was a definite trend.
Beautiful cx bike on the Mercredi stand running 2” 650b tyres but can also run 700c wheels as well. Similar idea to Kaiser’s thinking. Had me thinking last night about another build, but came to senses for the moment. Got all my bases currently covered, but definitely food for thought for the future.

Re: Re:

RobMac":1segur59 said:
Brian it's not the stem that's the problem it's the bars, I've never understood why anyone would fit say a 100mm stem then fit bars that swept back 120mm terminating behind the steerer. Jones bars are a good example :?

I'm not a roadie who likes a long stem so he can get his nose up the bum of the bloke in front for a good sniff. :)

I've ridden most of my life on Great North Road bars and none of my friends have bums I would like to sniff. (I'm sure Jamie won't be disappointed by that news :) )

Pace is basically touring and rarely flat out, so my hands are roughly the same distance from the saddle as a tourist with his hands on the tops when I have my normal bar/stem set up.

Here's another of my bikes. (1932 Sunbeam Road Racer as used in the 1928 Olympics)

And you may remember the Ti bike I rode at last year's audax was set up the same.

I had to use a short stem as a temporary measure while I get some longer hose, or better yet, ditch the hydraulics and fit some cable disks such a Spyres.

Re:

Got any photos of the Bespoked show you'd like to share with us Clubby? I've seen a few on Facebook, but can always drool some more over some of the frames :eek:

No cycling for me this weekend either. Went for my first run (that's RUN as in on 2 legs, not 2 wheels) for nearly a year, and it near enough killed me, I'm still aching in muscles I didn't even know I had!

Re:

You not do the Reiver?
Didn't take many photos. Pretty busy on Saturday and wouldn't have got any that did the builds justice.

Re:

Had to miss the dirty Reiver to drive down to Middlesbrough due to family issues.
Never mind, they're sending me the t-shirt anyway :LOL:

Cheeky wee sunny day off at Comrie Croft. Weather amazing, trails running well and tea room fantastic as usual.
Left feeling a bit dirty though. No, not from mud...... I tried an e-bike :oops:
Chatting to a couple of riders at the top of the hill and one of them offers me a shot of his Merida full suss e-bike. Picked it up and it weighed a ton, but once on it you don't really notice. Did a short downhill and then attempted a steep techy line I've only ever cleared once. Boost mode was ludicrous and it just kept going. Never cleared it, but only because it had that much power I went completely offline. Not ready for one yet, but give it 20 years....

E-bikes are the future, I have had a couple and on road its amazing what a bit of power assist does. Off road looks awesome but it is a bit close to trail motorbikes which are also great fun and soon or later the government might figure that out and start slapping more rules and taxation onto them if they exceed the limits currently set. Plus I can see the law suits when one falls off the flimsy car bike rack and takes out another car with its ton weight. :roll:

Back