And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":1lxhbydx said:
I just noticed via Strava that my times are improving, to early to say though :?

To be fair, they couldnae really have got any worse. :twisted:

RobMac":h85dman5 said:
I just noticed via Strava that my times are improving, to early to say though :?

I'm not sure that being 1st to the ice cream shop could be considered an improvement...

Frustrating ride at Pitmedden. Enjoyed it but just couldn't find any flow. First time on full suss and flat pedals since November and struggling to adjust to the change from hard tail. With the plus tyres, the way to get the most out of the hardtail is to keep your weight back and let the big tyre and fork deal with the trail as it comes. Completely the opposite to how the Santa Cruz needs ridden. Once I started standing more and working the front, things improved but scary how lazy my riding style has become.
I knew I was badly in need of miles, but skills are needing a serious sharpen as well.

Re:

24 years mtb'ing counts for something I learned today. Went on a beginners (most were actually quite good) MTB Trip to GT with Edinburgh MTB Group on my Raleigh Activator II. Yes I had the most primitive, heavy barely full sus there but I was on song as I chased down the modern boys on their wonder tech bikes. Caught at least 2 of them on various sections of the blue :D

velomaniac":2j8z1vr4 said:
I was on song as I chased down the modern boys on their wonder tech bikes. Caught at least 2 of them on various sections of the blue :D

That'll be the extra mass of the Activator on the downhill sections :LOL:

Morning spent in the garage as one job led to another and another.
Bit the bullet and replaced the bearings in hope hub on the fat bike. Decided to buy the tools in the end. I know you can do it with sockets and blocks of wood, but the tools made it so much easier. Cheaper than bike shop labour to do it as well.
While the cassette was off it went into a degreaser bath along with the chain.
Once all back together, the back brake was rubbing and I couldn’t cure it. Took the calipers off and the salt water had obviously taken it’s toll on the poor BB7. Pads were down the next to nothing and the adjusters barely turned. Thought about stripping it down but remembered I have two spare calipers from when I sold the Jones, so I just stuck a replacement on instead.

Once I’d finished the Pugsley, it was onto the Santa Cruz. The pivots were a bit creaky yesterday, so I thought I’d grease them. Grease port was a bit dirty which led on to stripping the whole bottom linkage. First time I’ve done it and it was actually quite straightforward and quick to do. All back together and creak free, for now.

Finished off with a quick brake bleed on the plus bike.

Hopefully all my chores done for a while and I can get on with enjoying riding.

clubby":2d49tyv2 said:
Hopefully all my chores done for a while

Did you check with your beloved before making that statement?

Today I finished building a steel lugged frame bike, built with Reynolds 531 Competition tubes, and took it out for a short ride to see if it was OK. Braw, feels way better comfort-wise than my other road bike, a Cannondale R3000si, seems less harsh on rough roads.

Back