MacRetro chat and rides thread

old_coyote_pedaller":18b6ofe7 said:
It's not for nothing that Rob is called Tool Number 1. :mrgreen:

Hmm... :LOL:

Hope hubs are fairly easy to replace the bearings, and the same bearings can be bought online from non-mtb places to avoid the "MTB tax".
Last time I was lazy and got a bike shop to replace them it cost a fortune... never again :facepalm:

Re:

Aye, I'm occupied, but might be of interest to the riff raff that aren't doing the Glentress 7 :LOL:

There's another retro date in November too.

Re: Re:

RobMac":2k8u3a1l said:
Refresh my memory if you will, how do you choose between a short or long RD?

Depends how many teeth you have Rob, in your case none of your own. So I'd go short cage if I were you ;)

Re: Re:

RobMac":22r31tfa said:
Refresh my memory if you will, how do you choose between a short or long RD?

For retro depends on max cassette size. Over 28T and you need long cage. 28T or less can be either depending on preferred looks or cost. I prefer short if you can get away with it. Looks more sporty. That said, wouldn't run short cage on a full suss due to chain growth.
Also get medium cage for certain versions which complicates matters. Think my XTR (9:cool: on my STS is a medium cage, and is fine on full suss with a triple.

Re:

I have really lost touch with the world of cycling in Edinburgh. A new bike park called the SKELF right on the edge of Holyrood Park in Dumbiedykes. I know exactly where it is but was totally unaware it was being built :oops:

http://theskelf.org.uk/#

Will need to check it out :D

Back