MacRetro chat and rides thread

A good adventure show and really showed the race as it was, including the general good feeling comradery.

Jamie

Re: Re:

kaiser":3l8u8ulz said:
If there was a summer MacRetro meet would folks be interested? Try to get some of the old timers out too. I realise it hasn't been easy organising things the last few years and can be disheartening but if there was one ride where everyone made the effort to get to it could be a like the old days.

So any interest? I'm quite happy to try to find a suitable date and location and try to rally some of the MacRetro of yesteryear.

Depending on dates I'd be up for a weekend epic or a day trip - I can guarantee a lack of fitness and the same old bike. The big 3 for me were Torridon, Skye and the epic of all epics Blackmount/Glen Etive.

If it's in the summer we might want somewhere a bit windy to keep the midgies at bay.

...and if we do an overnighter and book and pay for accommodation then people are less likely to pull out at the last minute. ....well not sure about RobMac and Keith but that is a different kind of pull out :)

Re:

A big summer meet seemed to go pffffffft. I'd be up for an adventure one though. IIRC Jamie and Epicyclo touted a Cape Wrath idea which has all the making of a classic MacVenture.

def try to get along to something dates depending, would be good to get a big meet up again.

Cape Wrath looks amazing but a helluva faraway lol

Back