And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":1dbkcazc said:
I'm in the Vic right now waiting to get my timing redone :facepalm:
BTW if this all goes pear shaped Keith's to get nothing.
:mrgreen:

Top dead centre?

Set a new personal "best" today. Previously stood a three rides, but today I got it down to one ride. Yup, that's another helmet written off.

Last day of holidays before going back to work tomorrow, so I headed out for wee road ride in my brand new Kask Mojito. Last hill from home, out of the saddle and the chain snapped. Avoided smacking my baws on the stem, but with no forward momentum I keeled over like a sack of spuds. Thankfully it all happened so fast I didn't have time to stick a hand out, but I did land on the side I broke in Whistler. Shoulder fine, but clouted the back of my head and my glasses took a bite of my nose on the way off. Helmet did it's job though, pretty sure i'd have been knocked out if I had't been wearing one. Also lucky that I was on the old road that's been bypassed and only used by farm traffic.

Drivetrain had been a bit noisy in certain gears during the ride, but I'd thought it was just a stiff link as the chain had been pretty neglected recently, I guess I should have heeded the warning signs. Whole drivetrain has done four winters and I was trying to eek it out until spring, but looks like it's time to change. And new bar tape, since one side is a bit worse for wear now. At least Kask do a crash replacement, so the next helmet's half price!

Re:

Today I pedaled a bicycle. First time this year and indeed since July last year. Lost quite a bit of mojo, probably the least interested I've been in cycling for a long time if not ever. Anyway I'd love to say it was good to be back out but it wisnae, it was sore. Legs were leaden and I was hoping the old muscle memory would kick in but it appears to be a bit foggy. The snow and hail and frozen feet never really lifted the spirits either, it was sunny mind you....but snowing at the same time. Anyway tiny steps (or pedals), I've a different outlook now, segments will refer to the carrot cake variety rather than the Strava ones. Onwards :)

Re: Re:

kaiser":1rfiie2o said:
I've a different outlook now, segments will refer to the carrot cake variety rather than the Strava ones. Onwards :)

mmmmmmm.... carrot cake.... plus one on that outlook!! :D

Re:

Today I had my first 27.5+ puncture can't complain though as I've had the bike for 2 years.
Cause : Classic nail in the plank of wood :facepalm:

Re:

When I pulled out the tube it looked like summit you'd find on a old motorbike :LOL:

Just checked the weight 371grms (13.1ozs) per tube :shock:

1.638 lbs for two tubes.

Re:

First thing I did to my plus bike was go tubeless. Weight saving was great but biggest benefit was being able to run low teen pressures without issues.

I bought a kit a year or two back for going tubeless on my fatty but still haven't got round to it. Will save me around 2kg as well.

Back