If you could keep only one bike from your fleet, which one?

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
As per a comment on the macretro chat thread about fleets and clearing bikes etc here is the question to think about.

If you could only have one bike out of your fleet, retro, classic, modern, whatever, and have only that bike for the next four years, what one would it be? and briefly why?

Just list the bike and then give your reasoning.

Jamie

Re:

My Burrows 8 Freight Cargo bike...

The only one that can carry 120 kilos with no problems and is comfortable enough to do 20 mile daily commutes on :)

Re:

My first FAT, a 89 Team Comp. Il be buried with it. So many great riding memories and its still the best steel riding bike I have ever ridden. :D

Re:

My Giant Reign. I'm hoping to get another few years of the silly stuff before calming down. Uplifts, gondolas and an Alps trip before it's too late. It's a tool for a job and there is no heart ruling the head here. When the time comes I'll be neither happy nor sad to see it go.

Re:

My Saffron.

So much emotion invested in the build and reasoning for it. Could never get rid of it. Love my Santa Cruz 5010 but couldn't have a full suss as my only bike. Any production bike could be replaced (with enough money) but even doing an exact rebuild, a one off custom would never be the same.

Re:

My Raleigh built Rudge Whitworth single speed roadster circa 1950. Lazy steering ultra comfy but super tough seriously simple joy machine.

Tough call for me between my 1X1 or my Long Haul Trucker.
Most likely my LHT as it is and has been for a long time my go to machine. It tours, day rides, gravel rides, carries loads commutes, audaxs and always leaves a smile.
The sentimental choice and while not as versatile as the Trucker would be my Merckx, had from new, custom and our European history is entwined together, so yeah, Merckx!

Jamie

It would have to be my Ron Cooper F'light being a retro mod I can still get spares at affordable prices. It also has the gearing to be a usable bike in the area and it could squeeze some mudguards on if necessary.

Re:

At one time I'd have said my 94 Explosif which I've had from new.
But I now think it be my Kona The King.
I've not ridden my Yeti ASR5 yet which I've got great expectations of, stay tuned. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back