And today I did......

Re: Re:

jimo746":37vf2a94 said:
Sounds good, I'd be stopping after every lap for a hot brew and a dram of something to warm me up :LOL:

Brilliant.....I'd do 1 lap then jist get pished. :mrgreen:

Well done Jamie and Brian. Puts my pussying oot last Sunday to shame. :oops:

Well the Fatty Owls team had a keg type container filled with Troutie, the team managers home brew. So it really is pretty much like your saying :)

Jamie

Re:

Looks like it was a goodun! Perfect conditions for fun on the Pug.

Hmmm a MacRetro team eh....

I see a plan brewing there Kaiser :)
A macretro quad, on either modern or old, maybe a mix???????
Go on, you know you miss it :)
I have got a couple more photos but these were from the pro photographer.
In the daylight I have my normal Polaris jacket but in the night time one I have a jacket I bought at Lidl at Christmas just for this race. It is a hiking jacket, wind, water proof and meant to be breathable. It's a good bit looser (?) fit so I can put stuff underneath it. It was one of those things on sale for £9.99 and I thought I would try it just for this race at night and if I got a couple of laps and it kept me dry then that would be good. If the weather was rainy and muddy then I wouldn't have to worry about, just throw it away if need be. It actually was really good and comfortable as well. It seemed to breath easier than my Polaris maybe due to it being a bit loose but I rode at night with my bib longs, long sleeve Helly Hansen underneath then a long sleeve performance winter merino and then the jacket, which is also thicker than my other one. During the day I didn't have the long sleeve Helly Hansen but I did wear a jersey over my Merino, then my jacket. Anyway I am well happy with the jacket and it will definitely see some use again.
Maybe at Baltic Bawbags ;)

Jamie

AP5Y9781 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

AP5Y0407 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

AP5Y1414 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

As the first year of ownership of the tangomobile approaches, today I put it in for it's MOT and it went through with flying colours and no advisories, phew :facepalm:

Back