Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re:

It was -8 here last night and -5 this morning when I was putting my bike on car. Zero degrees when I got home half an hour ago, just when the snaw started. It was decided Benarty would be too much like hard work going by how deep the snow would be up there, still managed a decent ride round The Meedies trails and Harran Hill Wids DH trail though.

Re:

No looking likely Kenny, weather to be crap. Were ye hoping tae show off what ye learned today? :mrgreen:
Also Keith's aff the bike the noo, got a couple of stitches where the sun don't shine. :shock:
He disnae want to talk aboot it tho..............

As ye know I went out yesterday afternoon in a last minute "I've got tae get oot" ride knowing the morra wouldnae happen. Me no like the pishing rain, yesterday was braw, Benarty trails nearly completely frozen, it wiz sunny, nae mud. :cool:
Also heard that the FC are going to be re-planting some of the areas clear-felled there, what I was told is that they are aware of the new trails and would welcome info from us MTBers about where to avoid. Maybe some onsite help.

Anyone out and about Saturday morning in the snow or Sunday in the sun ? (BBC weather forecast, other forecasts are available)
I'll probably hit Blairadam on Saturday morning, pre rugby, anybody else fancy it ?
Ideas for Sunday are welcome.

Back