And today I did......

The History Man":2wli24by said:
Not wishing to rub salt, but when I noticed all the civic had was a can and a straw I immediately went out and bought a space saver spare.

And I have cover.

And where I live is civilised.

Glad you got back ok. Rest up. Xxx

My wife's car, a new Fiat Panda but now 3 years old, didn't come with a spare, just a can of sealant/inflator combo for "punctures".
But it's feck all use if sidewall gets damaged like in Rob's case. I went to local car dismantlers/scrappy and found a spare wheel and tools for changing it, jack and wheel-nut spanner, from another Panda. Completely un-used and it's a much better option than the can/pump crap.

Imagine that, you have to pay extra to get a spare wheel in a brand new car instead of an inflator kit.

old_coyote_pedaller":2h4sqwgk said:
The History Man":2h4sqwgk said:
Not wishing to rub salt, but when I noticed all the civic had was a can and a straw I immediately went out and bought a space saver spare.

And I have cover.

And where I live is civilised.

Glad you got back ok. Rest up. Xxx

I went to local car dismantlers/scrappy and found a spare wheel and tools for changing it, jack and wheel-nut spanner, from another Panda.

Wasn't me .... .... .... just sayin' :xmas-wink:

Re:

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna get a space saver but I'll need to use a ratchet strap to fix it to the boot floor as the car doesn't have a wheel well.
And Jim a perfectly good question in the past (summer months) I did commute to work using the bike or the car but since my heart issue I stopped doing the 40 mile round trip but I do plan to get back to doing it again.

:) After a bath some warm food and a good night's sleep I'm feeling a bit happier now.

Re:

It is great to have a proper spare, but for a lot of situations changing a tyre is not a practical or safe option. We never think twice about using our recovery service. They have a f big truck with loads of hazard lights, and are usually less than twenty minutes. Worth every penny.

Re:

Just in from a shake down ride on my latest build (Santacruz Heckler) set up on the bench and I expected to have to do some fettling on the ride but didn't need the tools once :cool:

Re:

My ride was just around the Leven/Silverburn area, and I was running on old 2.10 FireXCpros with the PSI set a bit lower than I usually run as there was a lot of crisp snow and patchy ice :facepalm:

Re:

Took an early morning trek around Cademuir this morning on the modern bike..

More bike a bike than riding but the steeper downs were decent if a little slippery

Back