Gritopia

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Spotted and entered Gritopia which other than the off road audax I did last year with Rob, Jamie and Brian will be my first dip into Gravel Events :)

http://tweedlove.com/2018-event-info/gritopia-2018

Looks fun and way cheaper than the Gran Fonduro events though the one on Arran looks very interesting but way too pricey for me.

Better get something 700c prepared before June which is not long away when you can prevaricate as much as me :roll:

Re:

Looks interesting velo.
You'll probably be just as well on a hardtail mtb to be honest, the "Gravel" events I've done have had equal numbers mtb to Gravel bike/cx bike. Although I appreciate it's more in the spirit of the event to ride a gravel bike, plus it's a good reason to get building something new :mrgreen:

Re:

Looks interesting and I'm off for a change. Any idea what you get for your 30 bucks?

Re: Re:

kaiser":24es41e0 said:
Looks interesting and I'm off for a change. Any idea what you get for your 30 bucks?

It's all in the link above....

The course will be around 60km, all way-marked and you’ll also get a route map, and feed station along the way. There will be some big climbs along the way lifting you to spectacular high roads and ancient trails.

Re:

Reckon I'll be entering. Quite up my street at the moment.

I've noticed another couple of similar events, The Dukes Weekender and the Cowal Chase.

Is the off road audax still on?

Re:

And I'm in! Super slim chance I'd be retro'ing it but you never know.

Re:

Think Off Road Audax will be on, its usually in July from Dalkeith out into East Lothian, £5 on the day. Last year it was pishing doon so turn out wasn't huge but its a good run. :D

Back