MacRetro chat and rides thread

I have quick release on my 1 x 1 and use a tug nut on drive side only. A surly one and it's never been an issue. Shimano QR.

Jamie

Thinking of splitting the Zaskar single speed and buying a set of 29er wheels for the fat bike.

Anybody ran 29 wheels on a fattie?

keithyr":1yinkifd said:
Thinking of splitting the Zaskar single speed and buying a set of 29er wheels for the fat bike.

Anybody ran 29 wheels on a fattie?

Few folks on the fat bike site have. Fork clearance not an issue, but rear can be on some frames as outside rolling diameter of 29er is bigger than 26" fat.
B+ is also an option as rolling diameter is closer.

Either option is not going to be cheap as you're looking at custom build.

keithyr":3bpyt6ne said:
...Anybody ran 29 wheels on a fattie?

I have never bothered because after getting a fatbike, I never could be bothered taking out my 29ers.

I think it may be worth it for the dry weather if you can go 29er+, ie 3" tyres, but that's a diameter problem.

If I had just the one bike, I'd consider building a set of plus wheels.

Re:

"Lightweight front Direct mount/Conventional mount Dyna-Sys 10-speed double MTB derailleur for smooth gear changes"

What the hell does "Dyna-Sys" mean?

Puzzled of Fife :?

Re:

It's Shimano, it doesn't mean anything :)
Seriously.

For rear mechs it meant that the cable pull ratio changed as you got to the bigger cogs to reduce shift pressure.
For front mechs I couldn't tell a difference. I ran my Ibis on a 9 speed front mech with a 10 speed shifter.

Back