And today I did......

Jamiedyer":s9hut5gh said:
Been getting some training in for Mr P's Loch Tay ride...
Me too, even though I still don't know if I can go.

Went out for a wee ride on the easy bits of the Black Isle with the intention of calling in on a friend to bludge a cup of tea and somehow ended up here.

The road leads to the Orrin Dam.

That was some right black weather coming in and it started to lash down only a minute after I got to the dam wall.

All the dams I've visited this year seem low. It doesn't seem like we've had a drought, so is something else going on?

Re:

Is that no a Hydro dam though? They'll be prone to dropping their level making it look like that.

Or as you allude to somebody is mibbee stealin' oor watter.
Wish they'd dae it right and catch it afore it hits the grund.

Came home to find the postie had delivered a small purchase I made on Ebay earlier in the week.
I had spotted a pair of what I thought, poorly listed and attributed with, what I hoped ;) , wrong year listed, Dura Ace chainset with some decent looking rings. I knew they were early and while the seller had them listed a s83 I knew they were earlier due to the fluting and remembered this style with the fluting was popular with the older kids on their BMX when we were quite young, so, obviously well earlier than 1983 ;)
Usual story, thought I would watch them for the Jack Taylor, or something at some stage, you can never have too much Dura Ace. Anyway I ended up paying £21 for them.
Soon as they arrived I turned them over and bingo, no model stamp just the length and the S in them. Sure enough, first generation '73 - '76 complete with dust covers. They still have a fair bit of the lacquer on them but should polish up nicely as there is no gouging or deep scratches.
I have a black Sugino chainring that came off my old Mongoose so may even try and get a BB axle to fit them into the old '79 Mongoose.
For now it will get a quick polish and see how it comes up.
Nice when you get something nice for a reasonable price. Usually, and most likely if it was listed properly, it would be well beyond my price range.

Jamie

21752550_1287176714744403_8047536496188212536_o by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

21752647_1287176901411051_7484258906032365142_o by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Spent the weekend on the modern bike at Bike Park Wales

Glad to be alive is the only way I can describe it, sort of like Glentress turned up to 12, went through a set of disk pads and now need to dance with the modern devil on a brake bleed, shock and fork service... oh the joys

Re: Re:

RobMac":sd4zo414 said:
6.70kg = 14.77lbs NO WAY! :shock:

with my fav Conti mud tyres on comes in 15 lb. Love being a weight weenie. plus i weigh 60 kg

Back