New Loch Tay thread - Sunday 1st October?

Re:

I think it's going to be a "No" from me, been back into hospital this morning with more weird sh*t going on with my leg :roll:
I haven't been on a bike at all recently so I think a 50+ mile ride in two weeks time is out of the question at the moment.
Shame as it looks like a nice route, I'll be thinking of you guys though :)

Hope your OK Jimo and whatever it is I hope isn't serious and your better soon.
I am sure after this ride there will be a few with weird feeling legs.
Get better soon.

Jamie

Re:

Alas for me its now a No. My Old Banger of a car went BANG !!!!
A list of minor faults that needed fixed has been added to by the starter motor blowing up. As an impoverished student I no longer have the spare funding capacity to fix it so its off to the scrappy :(
It was good while it lasted, gave 10 months valuable driving experience and has been to the North of Scotland, the South of England and many places in between.
I cannot really afford the time to come to the event if I cannot drive myself there and back so its a definite no way Hose' for me.
Enjoy yourselves guys ;)

No for me as well.

Barely been riding all summer and despite getting a few rides in this week, there's no way I'd be able to do 60 miles. Did 31 this morning and not much left in legs by the time I got home. Even at a slower pace I've not done any big rides since changing insulins back in June, and not confident I'd be able to keep sugars at a decent level over the course of 5-6 hours.

Re:

x2

I've barely been out this summer

Panda 4 still showing interest - 16yo ardent footballer who hasn't been on a bike much in recent years - should be fit enough though. Poor weather may put him off, but we'll see. Pandas 1, 2 and 3 plus the former(?) Mrs Panda are otherwise occupied.

:D

If it's the same route as last time we had that short cut after lunch which can significantly lessen the mileage. We're not out to kill anyone but 60 miles at a relaxed pace is certainly do able, we are going out for a ride on old bikes, not qualifying for a national time trial.
I don't mind the mileage but if shortening it a bit means more friends there than I am all for it.

Jamie

Re:

Precisely.

Is 10am a suitable meeting/start time for folks?

McLaren Hall car park in Killin - its at eastern end of village. Same place as last time.

Flying Scot currently undergoing some remedial paintwork and I'm off to rummage around for some suitable gearing :D

Re:

I should be good for this. I'm far from bike fit but I'll bimble round.

Back