MacRetro chat and rides thread

Hmmm... I went for the 55.5cm I think (?),
I think the advice is to go down a size from what you'd normally ride on the road.

read on either singletrack or trailscotland that the dumyat hill trail/path has been totally "sanitised" now for improved access.

keithyr":11fvgzva said:
read on either singletrack or trailscotland that the dumyat hill trail/path has been totally "sanitised" now for improved access.

That's a regular playgroud for Stirling mtb club and Stirling Uni mtb club. They won't be happy.

Re:

From what I read on TrailScotland a couple of weeks back was that the contractor had not kept to the agreed methods of work/repair. Some of the "path" was to be handbuilt and on other parts it was OK to use machines but they've used machines on all of it creating the bigger mess seen in the pics on the links on TrailScotland post, that's why the work has been stopped. Think the work has something to do with the new Beauly-Denny powerline, environmental offset or some other such bollocks.

TrailScotland is something else that has been effed up due to so-called improvements. The site had loads of threads that saw frequent new posts but since they took so long to get it up and running again with the new site that had lost most of the old threads, posters have been few and far between. Often a week to a month between posts. :facepalm: It also takes an age to open site or load pages, it's not my broadband, they had an "issue" that they supposedly fixed to make it run faster. Another of the sites improvements.
The guy running it thinks the site is better than the old one but the extreme lack of traffic compared to his old version would say otherwise.

Back