RANDONNEUR HIGHLAND OVERNIGHTER RIDE 19-20 AUGUST 2017

Well, that was a washout!
Left home at 6 am to drive south, most of it in the rain and picked Brian up to head to Achnasheen to see if anyone else was meeting for the ride.
Rain was torrential and roads were very waterlogged with visibility low, so not a day for taking in the scenery.
Waited in the rain for the train and no real suprise as no one got off it, and I mean no one, no randonneurs, no bike riders, no one.
Checked the forecast once again and with nothing but consistent heavy rain forecast all day, the ride was officially abandoned. It was debated for a while but seen as it was just Brian and I and we ride these roads regularly, we had no desire to do it in these conditions.
So not wanting to completely waste a 6 hour round trip we decided to head to Velocity in Inverness and have some breakfast and see if the weather improved a the morning went on.
It didn't really, so after hitting the local outdoor and bike shops I dropped Brian off and headed back up the road.

Jamie

But Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!

Not even the Fat Controller turned up... :)

If you look at the top left of the pic you can see what was blowing our way.

Re:

Bad luck guys, but sometimes you just need to cut your losses.
Weather a bit better down here. Even stayed dry all day today, although I did get hit with a ninja shower while out after work last night.

Re: Re:

clubby":1urkvugn said:
. Even stayed dry all day today, although I did get hit with a ninja shower while out after work last night.

Sounds painful...

Attachments

• ninjashowerdoom.jpg
    ninjashowerdoom.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 974
Back